Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an odd shellbox for sale. Am currently trying to get pictures of it up so bear with me. It is a 100 round slip-top cardboard box that is meant to hold 100 new,primed, factory hulls....low base papers. There are 99 in the box but about half are Federal hulls (paper low base) and the rest being Expert hulls. All primed and unfired. The box is in pretty decent shape and the pictures should show staining on the front/top of the box.

I was thinking the box and all is worth $300 to go. Am I in the ballpark?

Thanks,

Darryl Howard

·
Registered
14,542 Posts
I'm thinking 15/20 bucks tops. This box is from the 50/60s era I believe. Would be worth more if it had all the original shells intact, but not that much more. No way your ever going to realize a a quarter of the $300 you were hoping for.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I agree w/ Skeet Man's assessment, except I wouldn't say 'never" There are a lot of idiots on Ebay and if 2 of them decide they want the same item, MV goes out the window.

·
Registered
14,542 Posts
hitapair has a point, the ebay factor is always an issue, but since ebay banned the selling of shells (loaded, empty, or primed), that would be a non-issue in this case, unless the gentleman wanted to try and sell just the box.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
so i was helping a friend clean out his mon's house and found two boxes of Sears Ted Williams 16 ga. shells full boxes , never even been opened ,what are they worth . e-mail above

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.