Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've volunteered my services to help the family of a local Master Stockmaker who passed away several years ago and left a number of well aged stock blanks which the family has decided to sell to give the widow a few extra dollars with which to run her household.

I've verified that all five of these are bone dry by metering the moisture content which is under ten percent. Most have been on the racks in the Maker's shop for over twenty years. I've consulted with 2 generations of family and we've priced the blanks at very reasonable numbers anticipating that they will sell quickly without a bunch of haggling. I'll pick up the shipping in an effort to gain the family a gross equals net result on the sale.

Here we go:

Blank E is a very plain, extremely straight-grained and extra long Claro Walnut blank with generous measurements of 38" long, 6 3/4" tall at the butt, 1 1/4" tall at the muzzle and 2 1/2" thick. This would be an ideal blank for a DIYer who wants perfect straight grain for the project and doesn't want to spend a lot of money. There is a nice red undertone and the price is only $125.00 AND IS SOLD.

Blank A appears to be a Black Walnut or Claro blank with one very plain side and the other side showing excellent color and stripe. It measures 37" long, 6 3/4" tall at the butt, 3" tall at the muzzle and 2 5/16" thick. It does show a nice dimpled broken curl through both sides of the blank giving it some character. Priced at $200.00 AND IS SOLD and yes, I just made up "dimpled broken curl".

Blank C looks like it's from the same tree as Blank A and shows good stripe on one side and beautiful full coverage stripe on the other. This one is extra thick at 2 3/4" and measures 34" long, 7" tall at the butt and 3 1/2" tall at the muzzle. I took the butt measurement just ahead of the tiny bark inclusion that shows on the left side. The burl figure at the rear of the butt, combined with the extra big measurements would make this one ideal as a two-piece set as well as a rifle. Price because of the more complete stripe and extra size is $250.00 AND IS SOLD.

Blank D is a very pretty Claro blank with very deep colors, a super layout and symmetrical stripe side-to-side. Lots of deep orange showing red highlights and distinctive stripe combine with ample measurements of 36" long, 6 1/2" tall at the butt, 2 3/8" tall at the muzzle and a full 2.5" thick. You can see the solid fiddleback through the entire length of this blank although it's not as pronounced as what you're about to see. Price is $325.00 AND IS SOLD.

Yes, I saved the best for last. Blank B is an incredible Bastogne Walnut blank with characteristic full coverage fiddleback, great colors inherited from its Claro Walnut side and wonderful clear and well-defined stripe inherited from its English Walnut parent. The symmetry is super and the measurements are ample at 35 1/2" long, 6 1/2" tall at the butt, 2 1/4" tall at the muzzle and 2 7/16" thick. This is the one that you want to have put on something special, either for yourself or maybe even for that "special someone" in your life. Price on this Blank is $750.00 AND IS SOLD.

Again, I'll pick up the packaging and shipping on all of these to help out the family. First response at email address [email protected] gets first dibs. Thanks for looking.

Mike Mann
White Creek Gunstock Blanks

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blanks B and D are sold pending funds. Thank you K.

I'll reduce Blank E to $99.00 for the DIYers in the audience. Blanks A and C really should stay together as a pair and the family has given me the authority to discount slightly if they are bought by one person.

Regards,

Mike Mann

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All blanks are sold pending funds and will be on the way to their new homes shortly. The family thanks the buyers and the money will help the widow immensely.

Thank you to all for looking. Myrtlewood will be featured in the next thread from White Creek.

Mike Mann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts