Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I have one just like it, about equal condition and would not sell mine for that amount. Check out the guns sites, you'll see Savage SXS in that gauge sell for a lot more than this one is listed for.
This is a good deal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Barry
It is a good deal. They sell for a lot more in this condition. Plus it's a early gun. This is as good as they come in this model.Good buy for someone interested.
Elmer

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The buttstock was replaced with a 311 replacement stock purchased from Brownells. The forend is original to the gun.I do not no the year it was made. There are no letters after or before the 311 on the receiver which were on the later models. They used hardwood not walnut stocks on the late production guns So I would think it is a early model. Maybe late 50's early 60's.
Elmer

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Correction on my last thread. I did find on the right hand side of the receiver A311 in small lettering. the left marked 311 only. Still a early production gun in ex plus condition.
Elmer

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
My best friend and I each had one of these and they were all we used in early squirrel season when there were leaves still on the trees. When the leaves were down, it was Models 61 and 63 Winchester time! Still have the Winchester but sadly the 311 is history.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.