Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a 2-piece set of something you won't see everyday. I've had this Screwbean Mesquite set in inventory for about seven years and just re-discovered it a few days ago. I'd like to get it out of inventory and in the hands of someone who will appreciate it. This is a very dense wood that doesn't often grow big enough to harvest for gunstock blanks. It enjoyed a brief period of notoriety in the 60s and 70s when a few rifle manufacturers stocked some guns with it calling it "Nature's laminate" because of the way it looked.

Measurements are 22" long, 7 1/4" tall at the butt, 3" tall at the receiver and 2 1/4" thick. Forend blank is 12" clear long by 3 5/8" by 2 3/16".

I've laid a Perazzi Monte Carlo stock and an MX-3 forend over the set to show that they are big enough to duplicate both while staying clear of the bark inclusions.

If you've been jonesin' for a chunk of Screwbean or just need to have something different, here's your chance! I'll package and ship this set anywhere in the 50 United States for $250.00 REDUCED TO $200.00. First confirmation at [email protected] will add this oddity to their collection.

Thanks for looking, Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS

·
Supporting Vendor
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reduced to $200.00 before I send it off to be cut up for knife handles.

Mike

·
Supporting Vendor
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somebody take this off my hands, please. Trade me a few good clay target books (Africana always welcome), 10 ounces of silver (rounds or Eagles), custom knives, complete collection of The American Shotgunner in nice shape, etc.

Use your imagination and let's get a trade done.

Mike Mann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts