Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Your 220 Supermatch does not look like any other on the internet. Must be a special model. It does look vaguely like a 1911, the model I Distinguished with.

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
"Believe me I know 1911s." Apparently not.

Damn, Dude -- how many attempts do you need to properly identify your own pistol? LOL.

-Gary

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
That's a SIG 1911. Has the distinctive external extractor. In that picture the slide is locked back. It also has a grip safety which is traditional 1911.

No it's not a GI replica 1911 but Sig's version of the 1911 with their modifications.

I'm a range officer of a large club and I've handled plenty of them. Regardless it's an excellent firearm.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
True, Sarge's picture shows a 1911 design with an ambidextrous safety, and the Sig website does not show an ambidextrous safety. It is a common after-market add on. Check the picture above for what a 220 Super Match looks like.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That is a P220, your first pic wasn't. Look at the trigger alone...first pic a single action 1911 trigger, your second pic a DA P220 trigger. Look at your own pic. I like my crow fried, but I won't be eating any tonight thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
This is my last post on this topic...

You posted pics of 2 different guns, bottom line (First a sig 1911 and second a P220). Those kinds of things make potential buyers (me) concerned. Buyers beware.

No I didn't serve in the military, but I do thank you for your service.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts