Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone might be interested. I have for sale PMC 62 grain green tip penetrator in 5.56. Same as 223 but hotter and for use in guns marked for the 5.56 NOT bolt guns. This ammo is mil-spec brass case copper jacket steel core. Same at M855 or SS109 mil-spec numbers. I opened a case yesterday and it looks very nice. One might want to grab some because of the announced price increases this spring. I have a good quanity available right now however subject to stock on hand. I will ship to my fellow trapshooters in the lower 48 for 320.00 a sealed case of 1000 That is right I will pay the shipping. Any questions you can contact me at 765-661-3398 also you can check my ratings on Gunbroker under the name of captain smoke THANKS TRENT

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
In the last two years myself and this seller sold over 60,000 rounds of regular PMC 55gr. All of that ammo seemed just fine.....but when comparing the standard stuff and this recent manuf. ammo, this stuff looks like premium grade ammo. I could not see myself paying $500.00 per case for the Win. 62gr. This seller has some good pics of the product currently on GB.com for you to see it. CaptainSmoke sometimes cannot get to his computer due to "work overload" so if you cannot contact him, feel free to PM myself as I am in daily contact with him.

Bryan

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Out of my price range right now as i have blown my toy allowance for the month. That said this is a damn good price as i have seen this stuff sell for as much as $8.99/box of 20. This is nice shooting stuff with reloadable brass case.

Matt

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gene, Thanks for the interest. I am 99.9% sure this is boattail. The standard pmc bronze that I have sold in the past was.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Charlie,

5.56 is slightly hotter than .223 Remington. The manufactures say not to do it, but with that said many people have used and do use 5.56 in bolt guns, single shots, or 223 semi-autos without any complications. I have done this and will probably sometimes continue to do so but I will tell you, "do not use 5.56 in anything not recommended by the manufacturer" !!!!!!

Bryan

·
Banned
681 Posts
I maybe wrong here but it was my understanding that when the military went to a heavier bullet they also lenghtened the shell neck so the 5.56 is now no longer the same as .223 as it now needs a longer barrel throat to match.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
"Are the casings reloadable"

The PMC is brass cased and reloadable.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It is indeed brass cased and the primer pocket is crimped as all mil-spec. I have no reason to believe that would be berdan primed (considered non-reloadable). Last year I loaded some PMC 223 cases that were manuf. in 2008 or 2009 without any problems.

Bryan

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beerking, I am sure it can. Look on your receiver and see if it says 5.56mm if it does (and i'm sure it will) you can use it with no problems. Any questions please feel free to call me 765-661-3398 THANKS TRENT

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
If your AR15 says 5.56mm you can shoot either 5.56 or .223 ammo. If it is marked .223 the answer is no.

Matt

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.