Trapshooters Forum banner

F/S Old Beavertail BT 99 SOLD and DELIVERED

4192 Views 11 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  nitro 100
Ok I have decided to sell this excellent condition BT99. It was made in 1969 and has been a safe queen. I took the original pad off and had Rod's Custom Stocks put a Gooey Pad on the stock. LOP is between 14 3/4" and 14 7/8". The gooey pad is a 1 1/4". LOP can be shortened with a thinner recoil pad.Original pad had never been off of the gun when I purchased it a few months ago. I do have the pad if the buyer wants it. I also had a release trigger installed in the gun. The release is a pin and hook style so it is very easy to change back to a pull. If whoever buys it wants it as a pull I will take the release hook back out of the trigger. Barrel is 34" no barrel work it is an all original barrel. Markings say it is a full choke. I wanted to shoot the gun but it just does not shoot high enough for me. There is a small ding on the left side of the forearm and a small scrape on the left side of the stock. The last 2 pictures try to show these imperfections. Blue is 100% in my opinion. Checkering on the wood is nice and sharp. It is not a cut comb or a monte carlo stock. Anyone looking for an old beavertail will be hard pressed to find a nicer one. Gun is very tight. With the addition of the release and recoil pad I would like to get $1200 plus actual shipping to your FFL. Any questions please email me at [email protected] Drop the xx in front of my email. You can also PM me
Reduced to $1000 plus shipping to your FFL

Gun Rifle Air gun Shotgun Shooting sport

Gun Rifle Firearm Air gun Trigger

Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Wood

Rifle Gun Sporting clays Shooting sport Clay pigeon shooting

Bottle Wood Grass Wine bottle Wood stain

Wood Table Bench

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Wood

Antique tool

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Varnish Tan

Wood Leather Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wore out guns are in the 700-800 range. I am guessing I p[robably shot this gun more in the few months that I shot it than it had been shot total before I got it. I would rather spend 1100 on this gun than a brand new one. The older guns are better built in my opinion and the old ones will eject.

Jerry Nickell

· Registered
1,460 Posts
I disagree about the 700-800 range as being wore out.I've seen several go at my club in that range and in equally good shape.Not saying it isn't worth the 1100,just know prices range a bit on these,all depends on what sellers willing to sell for,and what buyer is willing to give.Personally,I've been shooting one for a year now that I picked up under 700.It was a friend that sold it to me,so I feel I got a friendly price.He actually told me he sold it to me for the lower price so I could make a few bucks on it if I decided to sell it.NOT,still looking for another deal as good,and I'd buy a second one.

Doug H. (pa)

· Registered
1,460 Posts
Location? I graduated in 69,makes it tempting just for nostalgia's sakes.FFl fees are a little high here,need some wiggle room considering those cost plus shipping.Plus lop is a little long so need for adjustment in that area.

Doug H. (pa)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.