Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Myrtlewood stunner on the for sale block. Fantastic pin burl inside larger sinewy burl with fiddleback and dark (almost black) streaks moving in and out of the surface. Measurements are 20"+ long, 7 3/4" tall at the butt, 3 7/8" tall at the receiver and 2 7/16" thick. Dry and ready to work, this blank comes with a caution sticker. Your stockmaker must be comfortable working with pin burl in the inlet area. Because Myrtle is much denser than most Maples and Black Walnut the pin burls shouldn't (and usually don't) present a structural problem in the inletting area. Some makers simply will not work with any wood with burl figure in the inlet area so please verify their willingness to do so. There is also a surface stress check on the right side rear that is visible in the picture. It is surface only and will mill out in the duplication process. For use on a pump or semi-auto, all of the above caution does not apply. This blank is priced at $425.00 and IS SOLD. It will be shipped with a closely matching forend blank. Shipping to the lower 48 will be paid by White Creek.

First confirmed interest at the email above gets to adopt this beauty. Thanks for looking.

Mike Mann WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS LLC Your Myrtlewood Source

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think I've it all from Mike than he comes up with this. I think he make this stuff up in the nights with full moons. Bruce

·
Supporting Vendor
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your comments, gents. After shooting at Eel River on Saturday in 65 degree weather and joking about all our shooting brothers and sisters around the country who were shoveling the walkways just to find the concrete, this is what we woke up to Thursday morning here in southern Oregon. I was on the way out to the hot tub on the back porch when I discovered:

Eighteen inches of Kansas sunshine on top of the hot tub and no power for the next 24 hours. Thought I'd drive into town (23 miles) for a cup of warm coffee and I discovered:

Yes, there's a full sized Cadillac under there somewhere! It's still under there today. So I spent the rest of the day painting those tiny burl spots on a piece of Myrtlewood so I could list it on TS.com. There was a beautiful full moon last night, at least there was at 3:AM when the power was finally restored.

This blank is sold. Thank you to all for looking.

Mike Mann

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.