Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Model 12 has a 30” Nickel Steel barrel with a Simmons 3/8” Vent Rib with a small white middle site and a ½” red front site. Its serial number is in the 430XXX range. The gun shows very little wear on its blue in the usual carry places. The top of the receiver has a matte finish. The stock has LOP @ 14 ¾” and drop at heel is 2 ¼”. It has a white line pistol grip cap and a white line soft recoil pad. It has Extra Deluxe wood. The gun is not marked Trap. Gun locks up tight and does not rattle with wear.
Now the bad news. I lent the gun to a friend? who said he wanted to buy it, but he wanted to shoot it at a couple of rounds of trap first. When he brought it back, he said he didn’t have the money to buy it. I then found a big chip out of the top front side of the forearm. (see photos) EX friend said he didn’t do it, and it may have been done before he took it. I don’t know for sure and can’t make him pay. Anyway, my $1250.00 Model 12 is now for sale for $800.00. Shipping to your FFL is $35.00. Thanks, Jerry (1oldshooter

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
ALF-99,Simmons rib would suggest to me a buildup.Not to take anything away from this gun,but from pics. I would guess it has been reblued.Still a very nice Mod. 12.

Bocephas

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
onlym12's,you are right.I believe at one time Simmons put ribs on for Win.in the white.These came from Win.with a Simmons rib.Although I think these were much later date after I looked at the serial # of this gun.1926:Serial#-423,057-464,564 were produced.I should have known a much later date was not stainless steel.Had my mind somewhere else.

bocephas

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
The guns that Winchester had Simmons rib had the name Simmons is on the bottom of the rib (under the rib) not the side .

ALF

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello 1 old shooter ;
If you still have Model 12; are you interested in a trade for a Mod.700BDL .35 Whalen in 98% wood and blue condition, made in early 80's, with leupold mount and rings ? I have no camera to send pix.
Please contact me at [email protected] .net
410ed (another old shooter)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.