Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR SALE: Mint Perazzi MX3 reported to have been shot only 900 shells. This is a 34 inch single barrel gun with everything as it left the factory. A true safe queen with perfect wood and only a couple of indications in the bluing that the gun has been put together and fired.

The gun has a 34 inch (33 7/8") barrel with a .724" bore and .685" choke restriction (.039 choke), the LOP is 14 5/8 inches, and the barrel proof code (AN) would indicate the year of manufacture as 1985. It comes with the original factory Perazzi case and paperwork wallet.

This has to be one of the best MX3's anywhere, and could easily be upgraded to a combo set by adding an O/U barrel. The asking price is only -SOLD-. Please PM with any questions. Thanks, John

·
Registered
95 Posts
Beautiful gun. I'm just curious as to how you will be firing the bottom barrel. If you try adding an o/u set for the combo scenario?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SB4J,

Original MX3 O/U barrels had the top barrel with the more open choke and you would shoot the top barrel first. If you wanted shoot a bottom barrel first you would need a selectable trigger.

John

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
disciple,

I don't have an accurate set up to measure cast, but the stock appears neutral to me. I'm a right hand shooter and when I mount the gun the beads line up.

John

·
Registered
788 Posts
John - I would buy this gun in a minute if I could find a mint O/U barrel for it. I looked a while back and couldn't find one. I will try a WTB post today.
Mark

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I'm with SBJ4 on this, really nice looking gun but where is the firing pin for a bottom bbl? How could this be made an O/U?

·
Registered
713 Posts
It has 2 firing pins just like all Perazzi MX guns. You cannot see it in the picture. It is there. The only Perazzi's that are single barrel only guns are the TM guns.

Joey

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yakimaman,

Like joehunter says, my photo of the receiver face is at the wrong angle to see the bottom firing pin hole. It is there.

Thanks, John

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Nice gun and I'm half tempted; half because I just go tin some AR15 after a 6 month wait.

Should one want an O/R barrel, the MX6 fits as well. In this case, and rather than buying a different trigger group, you could install an internal selector.

Whiz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts