Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is clamoring for more Royal Walnut Burl blanks, so here goes. Four Royal Burl blanks plus the craziest figured Royal Walnut I've seen so far and one almost perfect Franquette English Walnut Rifle blank are in this thread.

First, the crazy one. If you are looking to restock your tournament shotgun in something you'll have to explain every time you go to a shoot, here it is!!

Blank D measures 20 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 5 inches tall at the receiver and 2 1/2 full inches thick. This is the only time I'll ever use the word "cacophony" to describe a piece of wood because this one deserves it. A multitude of colors flows through and around the crazy stripe, small burl clusters and shimmer in this one-of-a-kind beauty. This one has it all!! Priced at $800.00 REDUCED TO $640.00 with a closely matching forend blank.

Blank E is just slightly less crazy than Blank D with small burls scattered through a background of wide, bold stripe and deep colors. Measurements are 20 inches long, 7 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 5 inches tall at the receiver and 2 1/2 inches thick. Price is $700.00 REDUCED TO $560.00 with a closely matching forend blank.

Blank F is from the same family as D and E above with a little less total burl showing through the meandering stripe and deep colors. The stripe in D, E and F looks like the mold lines from the Franquette English tree slipped down into the Royal Walnut rootstock. Blank F measures 20 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 4 1/2 inches tall at the receiver and 2 1/2 inches thick. Price with a closely matching forend blank is $650.00 REDUCED TO 520.00.

Blank G I've nicknamed "Cat's Paw". I think I've been sniffing too much Walnut dust!! That's just what it looks like to me. Four distinct "Cat's Paw" burl footprints walk across the upper side of this blank and are almost perfectly symmetrical side-to-side. Lighter colors are peeking out from behind the burl patches and may highlight the burls in the finished stock. Good stripe, contrasting colors and monster dimensions add to the value. Measurements are 20 1/2 inches long, 8 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 5 inches tall at the receiver and 2 5/8 inches thick. Price for "Cat's Paw" with closely matching forend blank is $750.00 REDUCED TO $600.00.

For those on a wood budget who want light burl coverage in a Royal Walnut blank with perfect layout and nice colors, Blank H is for you. Measurements are 20 1/2 inches long, 9 (nine) inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and 2 5/8 inches thick. This monster will house any set of tournament features and, at $350.00 REDUCED TO $280.00 including the forend blank, is a Thanksgiving bargain.

I haven't featured any Franquette English Walnut lately, so I thought I'd show a magnificent full rifle I took out of the racks this afternoon just to have a break from planing Royal Walnut. If you've been looking for a real show-stopper for your most treasured high-value rifle, look no further. Complete coverage renders this blank almost black with incredible fine mold lines that are characteristic only of Franquette English. One of the few perfect layouts that we found in 50 tons of English, this beauty will host even the largest calibers with ease and style.

If this one ever gets to the website, it'll be priced at $1650.00. For a fellow TSer, the price including shipping to all 50 States is $1400.00 REDUCED TO $1120.00.

These six came out of the racks during a marathon planing session this weekend. All have been carefully metered with a Brookhuis inductive meter and all are below 12% moisture, stable and ready to work. The planer goes to the preventive maintenance shop in Roseburg first thing in the morning to be cleaned, lubed and made ready for its winter chores. First confirmation at the email address above gets first dibs. If you must have two, email and we'll "talk".

Stockmakers and other industry people, contact me with questions and we'll "talk".

Thanks to everyone for looking. Mike Mann

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All prices have been reduced by 20% as a pre-Thanksgiving "Thanks" to all the TSers who enjoy good wood. If you need something not listed, please email or PM and we'll "git 'er done".

Regards and Good Shooting to all.

Mike Mann

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tentative hold on Blank D pending Kolar measurements.
Thanks Fxxxxxxxr.

Mike Mann

·
Supporting Vendor
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still a hold on Blank D. Blanks E, F, G, H and the English Rifle all will go into the Black Friday Sale. 40% off the original listed prices until midnight Pacific Time Sunday, December 1.

Yes, Mike, I'll include your blank in the 40% off original price if it fits your application.

Mike Mann

1 - 8 of 8 Posts