Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Browning grade V 12 gauge made in 1955. 28" vent rib, choked Sk/Sk measures 0.007/0.007. The gun is not signed by the engraver. Butt stock has factory dimesions and butt plate. A nice addition to your Browning Collection overall in 95% plus condition. $4600 including shipping and insurance to your FFL. Possible face to face deal near Lima Ohio with Ohio drivers license. Please PM me with questions. Bruce

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correction - A fellow TS member brought to my attention some corrections that should be made to my description. The Diana grade was not a part of the Browning catalogue until 1960 when the Grade V was renamed "Diana" with a few subtle changes to the engraving.. The grade V was initially a catalogue offering in 1950 and was the highest catalogue gun offered until the grade VI came along in 1957. A 1950's grade V is a very rare gun! Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe they made Diana grades pre-48 and post 1960. Being 1955 yours is most likely a grade V. There are many Browning experts on here that can surely tell you more.

Beautiful gun that is well worth the price in my opinion. If I didn't buy so many Christmas presents I would definitely add this to the gun case.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Std,. pigeon. pointer, gr IV, Diana, Midas, Exebition. Browning grades as I remember them. Many years ago, a friend of mine and I responded to a newspaper ad for a Grade IV field gun. My buddy wanted to try and beat him down, and I insisted he pay him and let's get the hell out of here before someone else shows up. The price was $400, circa 1965.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Euro Joe is mistaken. This gun was made during the time when there were number grades only. This is a scarce Grade V, and a nice one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey Bruce,

Very nice superposed. I'll have to sell more Herters decoys to afford one.

You can call the Browning historian Glen Jensen on the phone and he will give you the skinny over the phone for no charge. I have a four digit serial # that I actually ponyed up and purchased the historical document.

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/qna/detail.asp?id=197

Question:
I would like historical information about my Browning firearm. Where can I get this?

Answer:
Add a piece of history to your firearm! For $39.95 (Shipping included), our Browning Historian will research your firearm and type a historical letter.
Historical Letters include: Date of manufacture, invoice number, date of sale, to where the gun was shipped, and a description of the firearm.
All letters come on official Browning Historic Letterhead which is authentically stamped & signed by the Historian and are enclosed in a plastic cover.
For more information, please contact Browning Customer Service at 1-800-333-3288.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
eightbore: whadya mean I was mistaken. I didn'nt say this gun was a grade IV, I just stated grades as I remembered them. I don't know much about that old stuff, I'm only 74.

·
Registered
257 Posts
EuroJoe
Don't mind the old CULL, they just cann't help themselves. On a lighter note, Richie the target setter took over a club I go to, he told me to tell you and Murry Merry Christmas.

Your poor shot Browning Pigeon shooter buddy.
Best

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.