Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in today is an old style Browning BT-99 with a 32" IM barrel. All original and un-cut stock. Good lock and blueing. Perfect beginners gun for a lady or junior shooter. Much better quality than the newer models. $849 delivered to your FFL!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Murphy1, I think you were probably heard the first time!-lol, I am guessing that you clicked on the submit button more than once?

Anyway, I have a BT-99 very similar to the picture, same barrel length and choke.

I always shot it until I bought a Perazzi MX-8.

Allen

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOP is 14 5/16". The reason I say perfect for someone smaller is it seems everyone wants the biggest, heaviest Perazzi, Kohler or Krieghoff much to their ultimate dissatisfaction. The stock on these is easy to shorten and will look good after modifications!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have one just exactly like this one, same barrel length and same choke. Wouldn't get rid if it even though I usually shoot BT-100's. Perfect gun on very windy days and patterns great. These older 99's are a steal if you can find them!

·
Registered
85 Posts
have been shooting an older BT-99 [32 in bbl; IM] since late 1970s -- good reliable gun. recently updated mine by back boring, lengthened the forcing cone and installed briley chokes. probably spent too much money doing that but am satisfied with results ...

question for the group -- where can I find a "take off" butt stock for an older BT-99? have another "project gun" that am playing with and don't want to mess up the original stock. with as many -99s that are around and have been modified it shouldn't be too hard but have not had any success - probably not looking at the right places

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Where you located,and are you a dealer?Saying just in today sounds as if you run a gun shop,maybe?

Doug H.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.