Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an unopened 5# keg of Hercules Blue Dot (cardboard canister) and an opened keg of Alliant Blue Dot (plastic container) that has roughly 3# left per the scale- including the keg.

I'll take $80 for both kegs. I am North and East of Pittsburgh for exchange. Pm if interested.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Blue dot would be more appropriate for booming Annie Oakley loads or hunting loads in 1 1/4 oz and up (AA Hull, Win 209 Primer, WAA12R Wad, 37.5gr Blue Dot gives 1375 fps at 10,300 psi according to Alliant Website). However I use it for magnum pistol i.e. 10mm, 357, .38 Super. In mag pistol it gives good consistent velocity in the higher end (under max) pressure with a clean burn. It also meters very well for me out of a Lee standard powder measure.

James Allen

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike,

I do shoot Red Dot up front in the colder temps. Where are you located?

James is right, it can be used for heavy field or booming Annie loads- or for pistol loads. I would hang onto it for pistols, but I have a 12# keg of 7625 and 4 or 5# of Unique to use.

Ken

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Blue dot makes good handgun in the moderately heavy range...with little white flash, more of a red blaze.

Follow manufacturer's instructions, of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.