Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Black Friday, Cinnamon Saturday and Ecru Sunday everything on the White Creek Gunstock Blanks website is on sale at 40% off the marked price. Just find the one (or three) blanks that you must have, add up the marked prices and take 40% off. Pretty simple, huh? To sweeten the pot a little, I'm also showing five blanks with this thread that also have the Black Friday discount of 40% applied. With a discount this deep, I'll ask that you supply an extra $10.00 to pay for about half of the shipping. The wife will pick up the other half.

IMG_3029_zpsd45193ea.jpg

IMG_3032_zpsbc4b3f0f.jpg

First up is a very nice Franquette English Walnut blank with dense mold lines, beautiful honey gold background, perfect layout and very generous dimensions. Measurements are 18 inches long, 7 1/2 inches tall at the butt, 5 inches tall at the receiver and 2 3/4 inches thick. Priced at $1250.00, sale price this weekend is $750.00.

IMG_3033_zps90574442.jpg

IMG_3036_zpsc7071bce.jpg

This Western Bigleaf Maple has a ton of rope pattern fiddle also known as Angel Step. The figure shows more strongly on the left side and is right below the surface on the right side. Patches of spalt appear randomly throughout the blank which has monster dimensions. Measuring 20 inches long, 9 inches tall at the butt, 4+ inches tall at the receiver and 2 5/8 inches thick, this monster will handle all tournament features that your maker can dream up. Originally priced at $450.00, sale price is $270.00.

IMG_3037_zps3376811c.jpg

IMG_3040_zps26ba5080.jpg

For the pure fiddleback lover who is searching for a touch of Bigleaf Maple spalt, this is your blank. Perfect symmetry and a quarter-sawn blank combined with generous measurements make this blank a real catch. Dimensions are 20 inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 5 inches tall at the receiver and 2 9/16 inches tall. Priced at $400.00 with sale price of $240.00.

How about some Myrtlewood?

IMG_3042_zpsdeff7280.jpg

IMG_3044_zps1ce3c6cb.jpg

This Myrtlewood blank is two-toned with excellent symmetry side-to-side and a great sunburst of fiddleback through the meat of the blank yielding to perfect straight grain through the wrist. Another monster at 20 inches long, 9 inches tall at the butt, 4 1/2 inches tall at the receiver and a full 2 3/4 inches thick. Typical of all Myrtlewood with a shimmer behind everything. Originally priced at $350.00, sale priced at $210.00.

IMG_3046_zps08b1af0f.jpg

IMG_3048_zps6f32b58b.jpg

And finally a super Claro Walnut feather with excellent colors, figure, layout and a bonus of fine fiddle extending almost the entire length of the blank. Perfect for a Model 12 or 21 or 42 when you want to replace an original Winchester feather crotch stock. Measurements are 20 inches long, 7 1/4 inches tall at the butt, 3 5/8 inches tall at the receiver and 2 5/8 inches thick. Price on this one is $700.00, reduced to $420.00.

All will come with a closely matching forend blank(which I may give you a choice about, if it's appropriate). On the website, all Maple rifles are sold and Myrtlewood Rifle #2 has been spoken for. First in with an email confirmation gets first dibs. If you have a specific need that doesn't appear above or on the website, please email and we'll make it happen. I apologize in advance if your selection is already spoken for as I expect these five to move pretty quickly at these prices.

Thanks for looking and Happy Thanksgiving to all, Mike Mann

WHITE CREEK GUNSTOCK BLANKS Your Myrtlewood Source - and Maple, English Walnut, Royal Walnut, KOA and one darn set of screwbean Mesquite!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, I'll take 40% off the price of any blank on the website until Sunday night, December 1 at midnight Pacific Time. If you just want to throw a couple in the closet, now is the ideal time to do it.

Remember that all the Maple Rifles and Myrtlewood Rifle #2 are sold.

I'll move up my recent thread with Royal 2-piece (4)and one Franquette English Rifle blank and apply the sale discounts to them as well.

Mesquite still available.

Questions and orders to the email address above. Thanks for looking,

Mike Mann

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Mike,

I am not familiar with "Franquette" English walnut. With the straight grain it would appear to be a very strong blank? How does it differ from "regular" English walnut?

Thanks, Bill (I bought the blank you delivered at the CA state shoot. Stocker John did a beautiful job on the Fabarms XLR5.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill,

Not different, just one of the sub-species of English Walnut (Juglans Regia). It's the type that typically has the most distinctive, finest, blackest mold lines as opposed to Mayette or Hartley which usually have mold lines that are much broader and appear muddy and less distinct.

Franquette English is what I delivered to you at K-burg. This blank is from the same orchard in Red Bluff, California.

I'm glad that you're happy with the wood and John's expertise. I'd like to see a picture of the finished product.

Regards, Mike Mann

1 - 5 of 5 Posts