Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale, an in stock recoil reducer. It is gold in color and the size is 4 3/4 long and 1 inch at one end and 7/8" at the other. It weighs about 8 oz. I believe it is a Bear Trap recoil reducer, although it has no name on the unit. Asking $30 and shipping is included. Thanks……..

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that it goes in the back of the stock, in the stock bolt hole. Still for sale at a great price.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Bear Trap reducers were built for either right handed or left handed shooters. It is set up to torque away from the face. So it makes a difference. Red is for a right handed shooter. Blue is for a left handed shooter. I don't know what a Gold is for?

Ajax

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Right, they don't fit/nor work, in the bolt hole very well. They are designed to fit in the stock parallel to the bore and that means another well drilled hole in the stock. But I'm not sure what side the Gold color is for?

Ajax

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I e-mailed the company that makes them and asked the question about the gold colored ones. I will post their answer as soon as I hear from them. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have 2 red 2 blue. new ones I would probably sell never used.I think they sold for $60 in the old magazines Hirams Bradly Bear Trap Dan Bonallis was in there add shooting one,Late 70,s and 80's. Dan 618-535-1692 or pm me

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Well, my Red one is stamped with a "R" but according to the factory it's for a left handed shooter. So I was wrong on the colors. Roger has the right color coding.

Ajax

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got an e-mail from the company this morning and Roger has it correct. The blue and gold are for right hand shooters and red is for left. Still for sale.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you do a search for "bear trap recoil reducer", you can see a variety of them. Thanks for the bump.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm guessing that most of the larger gunsmithing shops would carry the special jig to install the bear trap recoil reducer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts