Trapshooters Forum banner

F/S 1972 Datsun 240 Z

2930 Views 22 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  BigM-Perazzi
For Sale, Datsun 240 Z, low miles, no rust, no repairs. I was asked to help sell this for a friend that passed away recently. I'm working on getting photos, and will post them as soon as possible.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
13,529 Posts
Thanks for the memories there Fly. When I turned 16 my father was going through his mid life crises and had bought the 260-Z. I can honestly tell you they will do at least 100mph. LOL. Break-em all. Jeff

· Registered
7,250 Posts
That car is in fantastic condition. They were a lot of fun to drive. Mine was rusted away and beat up by 1978. The Chicago road salt and a foolish young man driving the wheels off of it caused it's early demise.

· Registered
172 Posts
I had a '76 280. A lovely car that I should have kept. I had darn near a quarter million miles on it, with about $500 in unscheduled repairs over 13 years. The 280 would go at least 110, but the front end started to feel a little light and I lost my nerve. I gave it away to a friend who'd fallen on hard times. I'd fallen in love with a new Porsche 944, which only betrayed my love and laughed at me as it stomped on my heart. Bitter, me?

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Now where are those pics of mine? I had a '78 280Z, light blue metallic, black interior, 5 speed, fuel injected. It moved. Still have the original shift knob around somewhere. Babied that car for the few years we owned it. My wife even learned how to drive a 'stick' in it - in Pittsburgh, no less - all those hills and stoplights!!! Sold it to a young guy who worked at PNC Bank. My first real sports car. My buddy had a silver 280Z and we used to spend weekends detailing them. My wife never lets me forget how we drove it from Pittsburgh to Chicago and back to visit her family one Christmas. Not much room for comfort, but fun to crank up and cruise. Ah, memories.

Beautiful 240Z. Only ones I ever saw were rusted all to H+++.

Gene Batchelar
Wheaton, IL

· Registered
13,529 Posts
Old one eye, you are correct!!! It is a automatic. See the little lever on center console opposite the hand brake on the drivers side. That is the manual choke for starting in cold weather if my memory is still working. She sure is very clean as well. Break-em all. Jeff

· Registered
10,622 Posts
Prices for these cars are all over the board. The auto transmission is less desirable. Your pics make the car look nice and it may be worth the asking price or more if there is no rust fixes. These cars were notorious for rusting out. Sheboygan is not AZ and if winter driven there may have been rust. Heck I remember guys fixing rust right off the boat on them. Not a problem though, just part of the car's history. I had to have mine reclad all around the bottom at about 30,000 miles.

Good color. Mileage is great. Need more history. Kind of a car fax thing please. May be interested. If already sold - congrats! If not, I may come up to inspect after the MO State Shoot. (week of May 16th. Please PM me if you sell b4 that or email me. Many thanks. Barry.

· Registered
6,478 Posts
If memory serves mine was a 76 280Z 5 speed silver over blk interior. I loved that car and repalced the fenders (front) the doors the hatch and the rea quarters (rust) ate em up. only thing that I didn't do was the hood and the roof.

· Registered
5,675 Posts
See....if you guys would have bought American, we wouldn't be in trouble.

It's all your fault and it's been downhill ever since.

Curt

P.S. Wishing I still had my lime green Yugo!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.