Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched the video of the Men's Doubles Trap. Was surprised to see a shooter not wearing any eye protection at all. Shame on you, IOC!

Also, saw Morgan Craft wearing what looked Like Pilla Post with Prescription inserts, bit no goggle lens. Not saying anything wrong with that, just surprised me.

·
Registered
13,410 Posts
ISSF rules, not IOC.

It will likely take someone losing an eye before a change is made, many competitors refuse to shoot with glasses.

I took a ricochet pellet in the gut about 3 weeks ago, hurt about like a bee sting and left a nice pellet size bright red mark. Not the worst damage I've ever heard of, but the worst I've rec'd so far, definitely would have caused eye damage.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have a friend that took a pellet in the face from a ricochet. His wife had to dig it out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not uncommon i have had several over the years many ocurred when I was referering. You also need to consider breah blow back , not good if no glasses
It will only take one incident and they will think twice but is it worth the risk of eye injury!

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
bu they, its the olympics!
gods dont need eyes. its done with personality. :>

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
In the day I was somewhat a serious skeet shooter and ref. Took more then a few pellets, as well as many other shooters. Chipped a lens one time.
One time on station 3 someone had to squeeze a pellet out of a shooters cheek.

Saw a young kid a couple years back go down on station 8 high. Pellet in the face. Seemed he went down as soon as he pulled the trigger. And, when I say go down, right to the ground, as he was in such pain.

Took a few pellets on sporting courses also.

Also, seen a few people without glasses get powder blowback when shooting a semi. Young kid without glasses had to have his eyes flushed.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I don't see many shooter without glasses these days as most clubs insist on glasses, trap shooting is a bit different as the targets are going away. But who in their right mind would shoot skeet or sporting without glasses. I took a piece of broken clay on station one on a skeet field right in the left center of my Oakley glasses, no damage to the eye, but a big mark in the lenses. Why would anyone shoot without them.
Devonian.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts