·
Premium Member
19,259 Posts
Good luck with it!

Reactions: AAtrap

·
Registered
101 Posts
Steve, I have had this surgery twice on both eyelids. The second operation was 11 years after the first. I need more than than blepharoplasty to improve my shooting. Floaters in my dominate eye really show up when focusing on a clear background. Surgery isn't bad. Just get some frozen peas for ice packs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had this done a few years ago. and yes it made a difference to my scores.
I can see targets better and things are brighter.
Cost wise, insurance covered as I said I was having trouble seeing things and I was not joking.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Need to do both. Look up Hering’s law on an explanation for why. But basically it’s like a balance scale. Open one, the other closes slightly.

Also bear in mind that y’all may have more than just excess eyelid skin. Ptosis can be from a muscle separating or stretching out. A good Plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon can delineate all of that.
Thank you. Very helpful.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Steve, I have had this surgery twice on both eyelids. The second operation was 11 years after the first. I need more than than blepharoplasty to improve my shooting. Floaters in my dominate eye really show up when focusing on a clear background. Surgery isn't bad. Just get some frozen peas for ice packs.
LOL,Thank you, Mr. Curtis. If I get the surgery, I'll keep the peas in mind. Take care and hope to see you at a shoot in the future.
Steve
Do you remember what he was watching, Jon?
View attachment 1745765

·
Registered
641 Posts
Had mine done about two years ago. The pain was minimal. Cold packs are mandatory, just don’t leave it on too long. You’ll need a big pair of sun glasses. You’ll look like you went a couple of rounds with a heavy weight.
They have a test to check your peripheral vision, you’ll be surprised how much you have lost. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I think Prime Minister Boris Johnson could do with some sticky tape to lift his eyelids. I've rarely seen anyone with such droopy lids. It's a wonder he can see where he going or what he's getting into................the following article seems to 'bare' that out. The next time he visits my local gun shop I'll offer the suggestion.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I too am thinking of being evaluated for this surgery. I had a bad case of Bells Palsy a few years back that paralyzed my left face a bit, causing a general sagging of the eyelid now. I am a two eye shooter and it is becoming a handicap lately.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I know someone who just had this done, and last I seen him at the club was still in early in the recovery phase. So I don't know the results quite yet. He is a shooter as well as his wife. He had spoken about having this done for a while and decided to do so. Of course, the jokes were flying when we last seen him about the wife causing the look. He has the thicker eye brows, and had them lifted as well.

He also is an avid cyclist, so I imagine the need to have this done was twofold.

Reactions: AAtrap

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Some years ago I took a Phil K. clinic One of the things he mentioned doing was to open your eyes wide just before calling for the target. I did that and it helped me see the target more clearly up until the last two or three years. At my age things start to sag a little, one of those things being my eye lids. This coming Wed. I have a consultation with my optometrist about getting my eye lids lifted. I would like to know if any one here has had the procedure done and if you have, please share with me if you think it has helped your vision and shooting.

Thanks in advance for your input and shoot well,
Steve
I have and yes yes your field of view increases

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I perform this procedure all the time. It’s quick and recovery is minimal. Insurance will cover this is 70 % of your visual field is obstructed. It’s also important to have your surgeon evaluate your brow position too, as you may need that lifted too.

Age is a factor, but many just have predisposition to needing this. It will likely help your game significantly if your upper visual field is blocked. Make a consultation with a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon. You can check for this at www.abplasticsurgery.org.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Consultation completed. Physical set for next Mon. and surgery on the 19th. I have a shoot scheduled (weather permitting) on the 18th and one on the 25th. Is this a wise decision providing everything goes well? Thanks for the information you have provided.
Steve

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,211 Posts
Consultation completed. Physical set for next Mon. and surgery on the 19th. I have a shoot scheduled (weather permitting) on the 18th and one on the 25th. Is this a wise decision providing everything goes well? Thanks for the information you have provided.
Steve
18th is no problem. 25th will depend on your individual recovery, but I would plan to take that one off. Ask your surgeon. He or she will be able to give you a better idea.

I usually leave stitches in for a week and tell folks to take it pretty easy until those come out.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Steve
Based on my wife's recovery the 25th may be optimistic. Dr.trap...kid would be the one to listen to. Good luck

21 - 40 of 43 Posts