Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys this is a new one--I never miss on station 1--but today -s--- happens. I called for the target with both eyes open --duh-- could not , shut my left eye fast enough---lost 4 targets on station 1

Teach me , to not call for the target till I'm ready to shoot.

Also, came to the realization I can't shoot 11/8 oz shells anymore--tried them for the last 2 months & have had persistent upper back pain.

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
995 Posts
Phil:
If it is part of your pre-shot routine to position the gun, close that off eye, and let your gaze broaden and relax just a bit, it seems like you should be closed and ready. No?
It just soulds like you aren't following a good routine before each and every shot.
Now keeping it closed is a different matter...
dju

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Phil,

Now is the time for a PFS stock. With proper fit your view of the target will improve. A spot on the left eye glass may then be appropriate. I have gone back to shooting 1 1/8 loads and my scores have improved dramatically.

JON

·
Registered
649 Posts
I will second the magic dot. I closed my left eye for ever. My wife bought me the magic dots. I did not like them, so I remove from my lense. Wife gave helll and said I didn't give them a chance. The next Sat. and Sun. I put the dot back on. Shot 300 over the two days. That was all I needed. The dot has not been off my lense for the last 21years. Just make sure it is in the right place when you have your gun mounted ready to shoot.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gun has no recoil, but @ 71 yrs of age , very little bit helps--my spine is loaded with arthritis

Phil Berkowitz

·
Registered
995 Posts
687:
So do you now keep both eyes open throughout the pre-shot, shot, post-shot routine?
Also, what is the criteria for determining what the "right" place is on your lens?
dju

·
Banned
958 Posts
Phill,Do you know where you miss? Don't jump to conclusion and try to think what happened when you missed.

Be more analytic b/c I am sure you changed something that you are not aware of!

The best coach you can be if you don't panic!

If not,take somebody experienced to help you out.

Too many are bearing tapes or patches without to be necessary.

·
Banned
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know what I did wrong---I kept up with speed of the squad, didn't follow my normal set up routine--mounted the gun--didn't close my left eye before calling for the bird.

Phil Berkowitz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts