Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Ktieghoff K-80 super sport one plantation, one gold super scrol
292 Posts
ShotKam.com they have a great camera that can be used for all shotgun sports, go on there site and see demo's.

·
Registered
152 Posts
In order to capture movies like you see on DVDs with Eye Cam, semi-transparent mirror (beam splitter) should be used, so camera will 'see' exactly the same picture as your eye.
Any other glasses with camera will not inline camera with your eye.
Some time ago I was interested with 'Eye Cam' solution and build my own using Looxcie HD camera and beam splitter mounted on top of shooting glasses.

Here is a link to the video I captured using my solution (not a perfect alignment, but it possible to spend some time and make it perfect) :

Hope this will help.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
In order to capture movies like you see on DVDs with Eye Cam, semi-transparent mirror (beam splitter) should be used, so camera will 'see' exactly the same picture as your eye.
Any other glasses with camera will not inline camera with your eye.
Some time ago I was interested with 'Eye Cam' solution and build my own using Looxcie HD camera and beam splitter mounted on top of shooting glasses.

Here is a link to the video I captured using my solution (not a perfect alignment, but it possible to spend some time and make it perfect) :

Hope this will help.
I have to tell you that the ShotKam is a whole lot clearer that your video/flim. Plus, you can slow it down and see exactly what happening.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm not trying to compete with ShotKam videos, just explaining my thoughts on how Eye Cam works with examples.
I used what I had at the moment - consumer action video camera (with 2x smartphone tele lens) and not special camera used in ShotKam.
Personally, I like idea of beam splitter better, which was also used in Remington's Trap Shooting video.
Hope I'll make new video soon with better camera (like Sony DSC - QX10)

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
Until I saw that video, I never had any idea there was that much recoil on a trap gun. I used to see that shooting sitting rapid fire with a 30 caliber rifle, but in my ability to stay on the gun, I always though shotguns stayed in position more than that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Until I saw that video, I never had any idea there was that much recoil on a trap gun. I used to see that shooting sitting rapid fire with a 30 caliber rifle, but in my ability to stay on the gun, I always though shotguns stayed in position more than that.
It may be not recoil, but me. Camera was mounted on top of the shooting glasses, so I probably moved head away from the gun after the shot.

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
It may be not recoil, but me. Camera was mounted on top of the shooting glasses, so I probably moved head away from the gun after the shot.
I see what you mean now. I oringinally thought the gun recoil was pushing up that much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts