Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOAA: U.S. Tornadoes lowest since 1954 – during the “hottest year ever”

Latest data from NOAA’s Storm Prediction Center indicate that as of today, the total count for 2016 of US tornadoes are fewest in a calendar year since record-keeping began in 1954. That’s a hard fact, that flies in the face of claims of extreme weather being enhanced by warmer temperatures, as many have tried to claim. This graph from NOAA SPC shows that with 830 tornadoes so far this year (in black), it has crossed the minimum line (in magenta) showing 879 as the previous lowest number recorded on this date.

·
Banned
1,379 Posts
I'm quite sure that those residing in Tornado Alley are thankful for the break.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
LOL, any idea of what causes tornadoes? Hint; it is not rhetoric.

Though the year is not over, last year (2015) was following the same trend below average since 2011 until November, and December where those months accumulated way above average amounts of tornadoes. That brought the total to average.

Reactions: LadyT

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
OH MY GOSH!!!!! You mean Al Gore was WRONG ??????? Does he have to give back his Nobel prize?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
OH MY GOSH!!!!! You mean Al Gore was WRONG ??????? Does he have to give back his Nobel prize?
Actually the Nobel Prize given to Al Gore was a bribe for him to go away. Unfortunately he stayed.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
And it lowered the bar so Obama could get one too. By the way, Is there an award for Trump? He has done just as much as Obama when he got his.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
And it lowered the bar so Obama could get one too. By the way, Is there an award for Trump? He has done just as much as Obama when he got his.
Only if he saves the snowflakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts