Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
My opinion. It’s a pipe turned down to a certain diameter. All marketing. I can put, Midas, Carlson, Xtreme, or Briley in my Browning and my scores won't change. If I miss a target it’s not the choke. Although Extreme puts out a pretty choke tube, the extra money can be spent on time with a coach or ammo. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I took some on trade last year. The longer parallel section surely doesn’t hurt anything performance-wise. They are very light. I was impressed and ended up buying a new coated set. Good people to deal with. Quick service and delivery. Way back when, they manufactured and supplied Krieghoff with their titanium choke tubes.

YMMV
Jon Reitz

·
Registered
10,867 Posts
They make great Titanium chokes. You can get the same great patterns with a much cheaper Briley choke in 17-4 stainless. & You'll never notice the difference in weight.

Now with that said. They will add some nice "Bling" to the end of your barrel. If this is what you like? Buy them, You will not be disappointed. just my 2 cents worth. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
The only reason I used extended chokes was to protect the end of the barrel. Easier to replace the choke than the barrel. Of course, you need special chokes for 7.5s or 8s or cold days or bad hair days etc. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
They are very good Chokes and are made very precise but however the Carlson tubes are as good and very precisely made.
If looking to save money but want performance the Carlson is hard to beat.
JMHO

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
i have used the Extreme choke in my KX6 with great results, just sold a set i had for a Browning that will be my Pheasant hunting gun, don't need that much bling in the fields to shoot birds

1 - 14 of 14 Posts