Trapshooters Forum banner

External antenna for CVR wireless voice releases?

1743 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  kyskeet
I just installed a CVR wireless voice release on the trap field at the club last weekend. Tried installing the receiver inside the traphouse, and that didn't work very well (not all the transmitters were detecting the receiver). Ended up having to set the receiver by the side of the house, then it worked perfectly.

Given the winters we have up here, it doesn't give me warm fuzzies either attaching it externally to the house (unless we can devise some sort of weatherproof and blastproof housing), or bring it out and setting it on the ground every time someone wants to use the system (in the snow/rain/sun).

Is there any way to attach an external antenna, so just the antenna can be on the outside of the house, and the actual receiver unit can remain inside?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,717 Posts
We don't get enough snow here in Ga. to worry about but the ones at the club I belong to are mounted in a clear plastic sleeve (box) probably right from CVR on the back of the traphouse no major problems so far. Ross Puls

· Registered
15,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob- We did receive one with the package (it was actually purchased by one of our members through you). Good to know on the durability, didn't seem like it'd be strong enough to handle a blast by itself (didn't realize it was lexan, I thought it was regular plexiglass). Do you think the receiver unit is weatherproof enough that it won't need any additional weatherproofing (in other words, will it be safe from rain/snow/heat/cold)?

· Registered
3,476 Posts
We have 4 wireless CVR units and everything comes inside the club house after a shoot. Only the gray relay units stay in the trap house.

Eric

· Registered
4,172 Posts
We do the same as mixer except that the transceiver attached to the relay box is stored inside the trap house when not in use.

BTW skeet man, the trap house transceiver has a directional antenna inside, so be sure the correct side is facing the shooters.

· Registered
3,476 Posts
ZZt,

We tried that a couple of times but no one looked to see what set goes where. By keeping the transceiver with the mics we can put any set on any field.

Eric

· Banned
1,598 Posts
As for lexan cover it will take ONE blast...Dont know if it will take two :) Another thing is to be sure and keep your transcievers the same height as your reciever and be sure they are pointed AT the reciever.

· Registered
303 Posts
We mounted a 15"x15" plastic electrical junction box on the back of the house outside and facing the shooters, then mounted the CVR inside it. Works great protected from weathe and shot. Dont know what a direct full load blast work do to it but it has been hit with multiple stray shot without damage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.