Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share my great experience with Jaquas.

Saw a gun on their website I wanted that was being sold at a stellar price. Brought a few guns in to trade, was given a fair price for the two I traded, and I think both parties walked away happy and winners in the transaction, which is something you can't say very often. I'm usually quite hesitant to trade in guns, but the price they paid me wouldn't have made it worth the effort to sell them on my own after the fact, so less $ out of my pocket on the day was a bonus.

Wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again in the future, and their store is amazing, worth the side trip for a stop if you happen to find yourself within an hour or so. They had a handful of scale-frame 410 side by sides that were absolutely adorable.

Just make sure you go to the 233 Stanford Pkwy, Findlay, OH 45840 address, NOT the address Waze currently gives you, which is where I ended up first (luckily it was only about 10 minutes away).

· Registered
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ian, I assume you traded for a TRAP gun, likely a 34" top single. Tell us about it.
Older Beretta 682 32/34 trap combo (unsingle, otherwise you were close).

Going to play around with it a little bit for club and maybe traveling leagues, don't really have any intentions of shooting ATA at this point. I do pretty OK w/ an IM choke in my 30" skeet gun (solid 23-24 shooter which I think is pretty decent considering I usually shoot about 4 rounds of trap per year), but always wanted to get a real trap gun and after a few false starts I think I finally have something that will work for a while. Just secured a PFS grip for it this afternoon, so I should be able to get something up and running shortly and play around with it before the weather gets bad enough that I don't shoot again until spring.

I already sold off the o/u barrels as I don't have any intention of shooting trap doubles, and will likely replace them with a set of screw choked 32" sporting clay barrels in the future (the o/u barrels that came with it would have prob been ideal for SC for me if not for the fact that they were fixed IM/F, and it didn't make sense to invest 500 bucks into having Brileys installed vs just buying a barrel that came w/ factory screw chokes).

· Registered
19 Posts
The gun I currently shoot I bought through Jaquas. After I shot the gun I felt that It was in need of a new locking block. I took the gun to a local gunsmith to verify the gun needed a new locking block and he agreed. I called Jaqua's explaining the issue. I felt that they should have mentioned a possible issue since the top lever was past 6 0'clock. Jaqua"s asked if there was a gunsmith close by. I was standing Dan Lammers shop and it so happened that they knew Dan and told Dan to replace the locking block and send them the bill. Done deal. Very fair way to do business. I would certainly do business with them again.

· Premium Member
11,308 Posts
Older Beretta 682 32/34 trap combo (unsingle, otherwise you were close).

Going to play around with it a little bit for club and maybe traveling leagues, don't really have any intentions of shooting ATA at this point. I do pretty OK w/ an IM choke in my 30" skeet gun (solid 23-24 shooter which I think is pretty decent considering I usually shoot about 4 rounds of trap per year), but always wanted to get a real trap gun and after a few false starts I think I finally have something that will work for a while. Just secured a PFS grip for it this afternoon, so I should be able to get something up and running shortly and play around with it before the weather gets bad enough that I don't shoot again until spring.

I already sold off the o/u barrels as I don't have any intention of shooting trap doubles, and will likely replace them with a set of screw choked 32" sporting clay barrels in the future (the o/u barrels that came with it would have prob been ideal for SC for me if not for the fact that they were fixed IM/F, and it didn't make sense to invest 500 bucks into having Brileys installed vs just buying a barrel that came w/ factory screw chokes).
Looks like someone finally grew a set.

· Registered
13,002 Posts
Just thought I'd share my great experience with Jaquas.

Saw a gun on their website I wanted that was being sold at a stellar price. Brought a few guns in to trade, was given a fair price for the two I traded, and I think both parties walked away happy and winners in the transaction, which is something you can't say very often. I'm usually quite hesitant to trade in guns, but the price they paid me wouldn't have made it worth the effort to sell them on my own after the fact, so less $ out of my pocket on the day was a bonus.

Wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again in the future, and their store is amazing, worth the side trip for a stop if you happen to find yourself within an hour or so. They had a handful of scale-frame 410 side by sides that were absolutely adorable.

Just make sure you go to the 233 Stanford Pkwy, Findlay, OH 45840 address, NOT the address Waze currently gives you, which is where I ended up first (luckily it was only about 10 minutes away).
Great folks to deal with. Was going to call today about a Citori I wanted but, had to take wife for a medical procedure. Was going to call first thing tomorrow but I see it's gone now. Just my luck always a day late and a dollar short !

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.