Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for photos of top lever on o/u that need rebuild or close to. Guy sent me a photo and I can't tell.

Let me see pictures.

·
Registered
534 Posts
That position will probably vary from brand to brand. Some only go to center and others go past center.

·
Registered
14,103 Posts
The top lever doesn't wear. The locking block/locking lugs/top latch (depending on the gun), and/or the corresponding locking surface in the barrels is what wears.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That position will probably vary from brand to brand. Some only go to center and others go past center.
Good to know. That makes sense after reading your comment.

Post the picture and tell us the brand and model of gun.
Here ya go. Top lever for a Miroku that a buddy has. Selector being off to the right is throwing me a bit. Anyone have experience with Miroku?
I figure a Browning smith can set me up even if its worn. What would that run me?

IMG_0380.JPG

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
According to your picture, it's fine.

That old Browning locking principle will move to at least the opposite side of the current angle before it stops, this gun probably will last quite awhile before it needs attention on locking bolt.

Reactions: hbar314

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh that's great to hear. Its a good price and would love to have a second gun for friends to shoot when they come out. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
7,281 Posts
Opening lever on my Superposed ST-100 had centered but wasn't loose so had a new locking block/wedge installed and now it's as tight as new.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
She has alot of shooting left in her. I have 2 Miroku's & a couple Brownings. If you like it buy it. Do keep her well lubed up & it will last a long time IMO. Colonel

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
If you need parts, contact B & C Gunsmithing in Lake Havasu, AZ. They bought out all of the parts for Miroku shotguns. Just ordered parts from them. Great help to you, if you have any questions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts