Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
Evocomp is 3x the price, no recoil reduction system unless you pay extra for it as an addon, it is not nearly as adjustable, the list of compatible guns is much smaller, and you cant swap it to another mfg. gun (different grip) without sending it back to the factory.

·
Vendor
19,410 Posts
I do not shoot one, but wish I did. They look difficult, but they are really a simple mechanism. After first set up, kids stuff. I will try again....

(the PFS silly)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know Skeetman. Evocomp looks like it can be adjusted about every way you could want. What adjustment do you think is missing? In regards to price, yes it's more expensive (I'm not so sure about 3X)- but you do get to choose the size of grip. If I wanted a wood grip for a PFS built for my hand I bet you would be pushing $2k+ easily for the package.

Obviously, I'm interested in this topic as well, anyone shooting an Evocomp stock?

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
Comb does not offer as much lateral (offset) adjustment, doesn't have as much toe in/out or pad offset adjustment. Comb also does not appear to have any back and forth adjustment. Ergosign does have a pitch adjustment, but it is so minimal that it doesn't appear to be much of an asset.

So we're comparing apples to apples, the Ergosign w/ recoil reducer is 2192 euro, or a hair over $3k. New PFS is $1295. So 2.3x the price. And that doesn't include customs or shipping fees (which the individual who was selling a used one on here estimated would be about $300). So now we're looking at $3300 vs $1295, or 2.5x the price. So yes, I was a little over with my 3x estimate (I was thinking they were closer to $4k w/ the recoil reducer). Ergosign also upcharges for lefties, PFS does not.

New grips for PFS are $240, new grips for Ergosign are nearly $800, so 3.3x the price. They also cannot be changed by the shooter, they need to be changed by the factory, something not required with the PFS.

Generic wood grip (ergosign) vs generic plastic grip (PFS) doesn't seem to be a value-added situation to me.

If you want a wood grip, you can have a completely custom one made for the PFS for about $1k, then you'd be into the setup for about $2k total, still $1300 less than the ergosign.

The ergosign stocks appear to be quite popular amongst international skeet and trap shooters. Not so much by any American games (skeet/trap/sporting). Then again, I have a feeling the shooters using them are pretty heavily subsidized for using the product to begin with, whereas with PFS, if you want one, you buy one, nobody gets a free ride.

So far, I haven't seen anything substantial that the Ergosign can do that the PFS can't. Yes, its a little prettier, but its not as adjustable, and is much more expensive. The resale value appears to be not as good as PFS either if you decide you don't like it.

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
Larry @ Corkel Arms, John @ Stocker Johns, or the guy on Long Island who does custom PFS grips (his name escapes me but maybe someone else would know).

There may be others out there who will as well, any custom stock maker SHOULD be able to make one, and $ has a way of persuading them sometimes :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
If you are going to paint the PFS there is nothing about the Ergo grip you can't duplicate with the PFS grip and a can of Bond. However, keep in mind that with any system that moves w/ recoil, you will take a lot of the recoil in your hands and wrists.

Chuck

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
Chuck- The only people I've heard of that have had an issue like that had their PFS set ridiculously loose, and failed to read the instructions.

I've shot everything from Remington Nitro Sporting Clays 1 1/8oz 1300fps for sporting clays to .410 with mine, and haven't had any issue.

Of course if that is an issue for someone, they can tighten the recoil system down completely to where there is NO movement if they desire.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
When you show up at your club with the Ergosign you will become
an instant celebrity. A crowd will gather around you. Everyone will
beg to shoulder your gun, maybe
shoot a couple shells.

This is what happened in 1996 when the PFS came out.
If you show up now with a PFS, you'll get hardly a glance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Skeetman, fair comments. Personally, not interested in a recoil reducer. Evo stock is "prettier" than PFS. But the "glove fit" stock concept resonates with me, the fact that it appears you would be pulling the trigger straight back vs. pulling up also appeals. However, both of us are saying appears quite a bit in our analysis and here lies the problem. We can certainly agree that it is expensive...

Thanks for the names of the stock makers who might be able to do the custom grips for the PFS....

·
Registered
572 Posts
"This is what happened in 1996 when the PFS came out. If you show up now with a PFS, you'll get hardly a glance. "

I still get my gun called ugly several times a year.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Skeet_man's quote
"They also cannot be changed by the shooter, they need to be changed by the factory, something not required with the PFS."

Skeet_man, do you know the practical/technical reasons why a Ergosign stock would have to be returned to the factory for a different glove fit grip to be changed ?

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
591 Posts
Thanks kgunshooter.
I bought a TSK glove-fit stock for a MX8 2 years ago, sent them a email last week to ask if they would make me a glove-fit grip for a Remington 1100, their reply was "NO" but they were very quick to ask what other makes of shotguns I own. Got a feeling that they considered that making a TSK glove-fit grip for a Remmy 1100 was below their status ???

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
164 Posts
Take a look at TSK - The fully adjustable stock - I think, Cole's and Pacific Sporting Arms are the dealers in USA.
I’d agree with Kgunshooter. I had a PFS for quite sometime on my back-up Blaser and now it’s for sale. I have a TSK on my main gun and love it!! I tried an Ergro but had issues trying to get questions answered timely and that didn’t sit well and therefore didn’t want to give them my $.

Pedro at Cole’s was very helpful and I had my TSK fitted to my receiver and back in around a week.

They don’t make them for all guns but I for sure will put them on my next or some of my other guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts