Trapshooters Forum banner

Everybody needs one.

1694 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  1straightshot
Filed under, do I want one or do I just want to know somebody that has one?
Saw this on Fleabay, there's 23 bids so far. It seriously needs a bayonet mount.

Seller's description.

Up for auction is a used Remington 870 barrel made by Mossberg. The barrel is chambered in 12 gauge for 2 3/4 and 3" magnum shells. It has a cylinder bore. It is covered in protective oil and has some minor wear marks as can be seen in the photos.

This is where it gets insane.

This barrel has an enormous compensator/breeching/standoff device attached to the muzzle that measures a whopping 7 inches. This is a scarce factory barrel that I have not been able to find much information about. The compensator is actually threaded on and includes a full size picatinny rail underneath. The barrel measures about 24" when inserted into an 870 receiver and measured from muzzle to bolt face.

It is probably suited best for zombies but may also be a handy option for some heavy, heavy magnum slug and buck loads. The rail makes this barrel even more useful. Attach any of your favorite picatinny devices such as a bayonet, flashlight, laser, fidget spinner, etc.

Please ask all questions before bidding. This barrel will be shipped via the USPS . Please note the USPS is very slow right now for everyone unfortunately.

Thanks for looking and good luck!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Filed under, do I want one or do I just want to know somebody that has one?
Saw this on Fleabay, there's 23 bids so far. It seriously needs a bayonet mount.
View attachment 1743274
Seller's description.

Up for auction is a used Remington 870 barrel made by Mossberg. The barrel is chambered in 12 gauge for 2 3/4 and 3" magnum shells. It has a cylinder bore. It is covered in protective oil and has some minor wear marks as can be seen in the photos.

This is where it gets insane.

This barrel has an enormous compensator/breeching/standoff device attached to the muzzle that measures a whopping 7 inches. This is a scarce factory barrel that I have not been able to find much information about. The compensator is actually threaded on and includes a full size picatinny rail underneath. The barrel measures about 24" when inserted into an 870 receiver and measured from muzzle to bolt face.

It is probably suited best for zombies but may also be a handy option for some heavy, heavy magnum slug and buck loads. The rail makes this barrel even more useful. Attach any of your favorite picatinny devices such as a bayonet, flashlight, laser, fidget spinner, etc.

Please ask all questions before bidding. This barrel will be shipped via the USPS . Please note the USPS is very slow right now for everyone unfortunately.

Thanks for looking and good luck!
I hear ya, would be kinda cool for my knock around snake gun that sits in my buggy.. Generally when I need to pull it out to dispatch something, waiting on earplug install is not really an option. If it would decrease the sound blast to something easier to handle without hearing protection I’d say it would be practical and pick it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.