Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever wonder why a Nation that gave debt forgiveness does not receive debt forgiveness? Where did that concept originate?

Just asking for your opinion.

That's financial and not political therefore OT.

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Only the ultra rich have debt forgiveness. I used to do quite a bit of work for T Boone, and in 96 he was flat A$$ broke, had to declare bankruptcy, in just a few years later he was a billionaire
If one of us did that it would take many years to get back and above what we were in our prime, and T Boone was just one instance, it happens with the ultra rich all the time

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So essentially it is Chapter 11 or 7 without the long term disadvantages. When the US debt forgave the WWII debt of foreign countries, how did that work?
How was that to the advantage of the US to do that?

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
That is kind of a different deal, I have heard different versions, but it was kind of like England would have been broke along with other countries, and economic disaster would have followed sinking the world into another depression, so at the time it seemed like a good thing to do

But looking back it might not have been the best decision, because all the countries forgot what we did to help them, just as they are doing now.

That is why I think the USA has to quit being the world's police force

·
Premium Member
18,797 Posts
This topic has been discussed on here before, maybe a couple of years ago. In a nutshell explanation-------Many countries had some of their forgiven after WWII, but in exchange for that, we got scientists, technology, we were able to establish long term military bases on their soil, we were able to bury our dead, and so forth.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
I've often wondered why we can send military aid to other countries after a natural disaster but when something happens here it takes a long time to get less help for our own citizens..

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
Because the giverment likes to bribe barbarians that hate us, they think they can buy their love, and they are too stupid to figure out they can't buy their love

1 - 7 of 7 Posts