Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go to a gun club as a visitor and shoot a couple of practice rounds by yourself, should you tip the puller/scorekeeper? This person is not a volunteer or friend, but an employee of the club you are visiting. I am not sure what the accepted practice is. Thanks folks. I appreciate your oppinions and look forward to reading them when I get home from shooting tomorrow. Martinpicker (Jack Farrow)

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I consider pullers the same as a resturant server, if their svc is good, they deserve a tip....just a common courtesy...LarryB

·
Premium Member
11,849 Posts
Difference is, because much of their income is expected to be derived from tips, waiters and waitresses are paid a lower wage than other jobs where tips are not expected to be part of their normal income.

The minimum wage for tipped jobs is substantially lower than the minimum wage for jobs that don’t normally receive tips.

Trappers get the non-tip minimum wage.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Just throw them a few bucks if they do a good job. If you were shooting in Florida it would cost you an extra $5 a round anyway, LOL.

-Gary

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I had a similiar question at our club when I broke my 1st 25 straight.Seemed the puller /scorekeeper sort of congratulated me a couple extra times.Don't know if it was proper,but I put extra donation in the tip jar they had on counter for the pullers.Maybe he wanted a more direct tip,some told me no,they get paid.

Doug H.

·
Premium Member
10,532 Posts
Not where I'm from. Was a puller (back when you both pressed the button and scored) for trap for ten years in my youth and as a trapper for live birds. Never received a gratuity.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
If a club has a tip jar for the field help and I had a good time at the club (doesn't matter how well I shot) I always drop a couple of bucks in.

Rich in Indiana

·
Registered
650 Posts
I seldom see tips given at a trap shoot or for practice trap. In sporting clays I seldom see anyone NOT tip the puller.

Lyle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.