Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend has a 1961 Winchester skeet thrower machine that has been overhauled.Anybody got an idea on resale value?

·
Registered
14,120 Posts
A single, not very much. Someone might want it to cannibalize parts off of.

A pair in clean working condition with no major issues and no repaired/cobbled parts, about a grand, usually have to find someone looking to put in their own personal skeet field.

Very little demand for westerns anymore. Parts are drying up, capacity is low, and every club that I'm aware of in my part of NY (a couple dozen or so) have long since switched to modern high capacity traps. The only clubs using westerns anymore are 1 and sometimes 2 field clubs.

Not a good thing when you launch an arm out a window then spend the next few weeks searching high and low for a replacement...

·
Supporting Vendor
5,828 Posts
We sold a pair of "single stack" Western Skeet traps for $1000 earlier this year. They had been out of service for 10 years but were working when they were taken out of service.

Jim Skeel
VP Edgar County Sportsman Club

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.Friend has better idea on price now.Somebody wanted to low ball it but this one still has years left on it thanks to low usage and being babied.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I loved those machines...you could hear the target coming and they seemed to put the best spin (and hence most stable in wind) on the target ever. Maybe its just nostalgia but I know many who think the same way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts