Trapshooters Forum banner

Estate Shells

12683 Views 86 Replies 46 Participants Last post by  Trap60
Talked to Federal's customer service yesterday and was informed that Estate shells are in the process of being discontinued. Pretty much a bummer, the boy and I shot the heck out of those and thought they shot well especially for the price. Anyone else hear this or maybe this is old news, not sure.
Reactions: 4th. down
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

· Registered
13,015 Posts
Talked to Federal's customer service yesterday and was informed that Estate shells are in the process of being discontinued. Pretty much a bummer, the boy and I shot the heck out of those and thought they shot well especially for the price. Anyone else hear this or maybe this is old news, not sure.
If that is true ,it proves Federal just keeps making one STUPID mistake after another. They RUINED the Federal Gold Medal shell and put out that "Grand " junk . Maybe with Vista Outdoor owning both them and Remington I'm wondering if Vista is just going to be pushing Gun Clubs as their promo shell?

· Registered
36,877 Posts
Three piece hulls (hull, base wad and “brass” are cheaper and probably quicker to make than a 2 piece molded hull and “brass.” If you guys are going to complain about STS/Nitros costing 130 bucks and up for a flat, three piece shells may be the norm for Remington just like Federal and Winchester.

· Registered
Krieghoff K-80s
3,304 Posts
Sorry to hear that. They used to be pretty good quality shells for the price. I think the lead used in them was fairly hard also. A year or two ago they suffered some quality issues with shells that were light (the report) and that soured some people.

YMMV.
Jon Reitz

· Registered
644 Posts
I fear it's true..The current Vista website does not list Estates under it's brands. Brands - Vista Outdoor

I suspect that with the Federal Top Guns and Remington Gun Clubs under Vista, Estates were essentially competing with themselves.
I would take the Estate over Top Gun and Gun Club any day of the week.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.