Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has shot them? What are they like?

Looking for a cheaper Handicap load for training/practice/league.

Thank you all,

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
I shot 2 boxes of Estate 3 dr. 8's last Tuesday. I got a 49. I have a 99 Plus so I don't notice the recoil. I can buy them for a very little more than what it costs to reload.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I don't shoot many new shells. If it weren't for the "super sales" now and then and the fact they MAKE me shoot news shells for Handicap at the Grand, I would hardly shoot ANY! That being said I really like the Estates. I think they are one of the softest on recoil and they are pretty close to the Federal **Top Guns (if not the same in a different package). I have had good success with them and I always like buying American when I can!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
hunter, you must have a very immature sense of smell, Estates are like a well aged wine, you missed out on paper hulled Super Targets..............

Surfer

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
hunter, you must have a very immature sense of smell, Estates are like a well aged wine, you missed out on paper hulled Super Targets..............

Surfer
Would you drink wine that smelled like that? I will agree with your assessment of the paper hulled Super Targets though.............

·
Registered
327 Posts
Brady, a buddy of mine shot a couple boxes of the marige cleavers and was not impressed. I too would like to find a good leauge/practice shell. I have looked at the rio but don't know much about it. Your buddy from across the way.

Gary

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Brady, don't discount the Mirage until you've tried them. I've shot thousands of Estates and like them, but I was impressed with the Mirage/Cleavers I have shot. Determining factor for me would be the cost between the two. JMO

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts