Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a new Tundra 4x4 last night. Got some errands done today and dented it while pulling into my parking spot. Right on the passenger side panel above and ahead of the wheel well. So much for "new".

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
My wife bought a brand new chevy Monte Carlo years ago and put a big scratch on its side by parking too close to a rock wall. BEFORE even getting home with it.

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
7,701 Posts
Had my new F-150 about three days and was backing into the pasture with a load of hay and she say's "want me to get out and make sure nothings behind us" and I said "nah, we're good"... I no sooner got the words outta my mouth and "cRuNcH" went the tailgate into a tree. I put it in park and walked away.
Saying "I got that over with" didn't work...its all I see when I look at my truck. Eventually I'll get it fixed or replaced.
Had my Ninja about two weeks, polished every nut and bolt, turned around to grab my beer and heard it hit the ground. I just reached over and closed the garage door and walked away from that one too. Turns out the damn kick-stand sunk in the asphalt enough to tip, that Florida heat is something else. The next day I made a stand plate at work.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
It shouldn't do that, I would take it back to the dealer, something MUST be wrong with it to cause this.

DGH

·
Premium Member
11,999 Posts
Ex-wife story...

I had a new Ford Expedition (I'd had it less than one week) - drove with the then-wife to the the 'hundred dollar store' (Home Depot).

She started some disagreement that quickly escalated into an argument - her solution was to take a full bottle of beer, shake it, and spray it over the inside of the truck... and people ask why we are no longer together...

Reactions: Catpower

·
What squad am I on?
7,701 Posts
It shouldn't do that, I would take it back to the dealer, something MUST be wrong with it to cause this.

DGH
If youre referring to my bike, I agree. Long story short, I don't have it anymore. I knew I was going to die on that bike because I couldn't keep the twist outta my wrist. I love speed and that bike had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much of it. It sure was fun but the day I had to lace it between two semis at about 160mph was a wake-up call.
If I recall, I didn't have the bike in gear, had it been I don't think it would have fell over but as it sank it rolled just enough to collapse the stand.

·
What squad am I on?
7,701 Posts
Ex-wife story...

I had a new Ford Expedition (I'd had it less than one week) - drove with the then-wife to the the 'hundred dollar store' (Home Depot).

She started some disagreement that quickly escalated into an argument - her solution was to take a full bottle of beer, shake it, and spray it over the inside of the truck... and people ask why we are no longer together...

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I reached under the side panel and popped it out with the heel of my hand. It's not perfect but it's livable. Now I can relax....

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
OMGB........I wonder what would the little beer bump would have looked like if you had bought the aluminum body F-150??????????

·
Registered
18,689 Posts
OMGB........I wonder what would the little beer bump would have looked like if you had bought the aluminum body F-150??????????
Yeahwell. It's "military grade" Aluminum so it won't bend, spindle, fold, or mutilate.

Reactions: Catpower

·
Registered
15,424 Posts
Early last Sept. my neighbor and I were headed out in my new 2015 aluminum body F150 to our favorite dove spot in SD. On the way we encountered a 15 minute long hail storm with quarter sized pellets.
Was getting hammered for about 5 minutes until we found refuge under a an overpass. After it passed we got back on the road. 15 minutes later we hit another cell that lasted about as long with the same size pellets and had no place to hide. Arrived at our destination fearing the worst. A vehicle that looked like a golf ball. Looked it over and could not find one ding, dent or blemish. Very happy and lucky.
Maybe that aluminum has a little more memory or elasticity than the steel body. Just speculation here.

My 2012 F150 with the steel body was caught in another hail storm in 2014. $12K worth of damage.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wondered about that aluminum too. Now I adjusting to 13 to 15 mpg. Good thing this is not a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
When one of our local farmers bought a new truck, he would scratch it with his keys while it was still at the dealer then declare: "Thank god that's over!".

·
Registered
868 Posts
Aluminum body's have been around long time.. For example Porche's have aluminum body's and some acura's I think the nsx is aluminum. I know from racing motorcross, when they made the switch from metal frames to aluminum it made the bikes seem allot more rigid, seems like there was no flex when landed from jumps. I don't think the aluminum stretches that easy, probably good for hail.

·
Registered
868 Posts
When one of our local farmers bought a new truck, he would scratch it with his keys while it was still at the dealer then declare: "Thank god that's over!".
I'm like that with my new boat, I haven't scratched it yet. I'm always stressed loading in and out of water....

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I had a friend who bought a new 450 Honda without ever riding before.
Leaving the dealership cranked up the throttle let loose of the clutch popped a
wheelie fell off and the bike bounced down the street on its side.
Bud

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Bought a new Tundra 4x4 last night. Got some errands done today and dented it while pulling into my parking spot. Right on the passenger side panel above and ahead of the wheel well. So much for "new".
My next door friend bought a new Tundra a couple of months ago. While driving it home it was hit and totaled by a 17 year old boy driving his daddy's truck texting. It had 17 miles on it....!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts