Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any information to relate on Mr. Marlette concerning his work on Krieghoff shotguns?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
After 10 years of talking with Ernest on the phone I finally have the pleasure of meeting him last year when I went to Pinehurst NC. We spent three evenings together over dinner and shooting. I can tell you that he is a great shooter in his own right and an excellent gunsmith on Kroeghoff Shotguns. If I remember he stated his career working on Perazzi's but later went to working on Krieghoff's. He is world class in regards to his work, friendship and shooting. Just my opinion but knowing him is worth the price of admission.

Dennis DeVault

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ernest,is 1 of the few,if any,that actually hand polishes his parts,when he did a trigger for me,crisp,and flawless. Would HIGHLY recommend him for ANY Krieghoff
work.
Glenn Zimmerman

·
Registered
290 Posts
He did work on my K-80 trigger and I couldn't be happier with the results. A+ in my book. Will use him again when gun needs a fresh Annual.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Add me to the list of BIG fans of Ernest. Great guy to talk with and a magician on the K-80 trigger.

--- Chip King ---

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sent him my K80 for a service, and when it was done he called me stating so, and shipped it to me without payment. I had never done business with him in the past. Class A guy/operation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ernie is the best gunsmith on triggers in the country.
Let me tell you a secret about his shooting. He is one of the best trick shots
that you will ever see. He makes shots that are upside down behind his back from the hip and he can do it with guns at random. Its something to see all the different shots he can make, it would take a while to describe. I have seen him shoot cases this way.He is even better with a rifle.Its funny because he is so known for his gunsmithing that people forget that he can shoot.He can shoot
release quail from the hip with a 410. I have known him for 23 years and
you will not find a better friend or gunsmith. Marvin

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
Nice guy- just know him from his work and talking over the telephone

I am not sure he sleeps much as he is in his shop working all night or used to be and would talk on the phone that entire time

Regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
113 Posts
Having spent the last two years set up next to Ernest at the Virginia State Shoot and hearing comments from his customers as to his excellent service I would rank Ernest right at the top of the list of gunsmiths be it rifle or shotgun. This is who I would choose to work on my gun.

Dave Thomas

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
He is a Krieghoff dealer himself worked in Hal Duponts servicing K guns at the world Sporting Clays in San Antonio as good as it gets as a K gunsmith. Buddy

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Ernest and I have become pretty good friends through gunsmithing and as a result of the many, many of our conversations. I have even convinced him to do some work on Perazzis and he gets parts from me.

In my opinion Ernest is one 100% genuine nice guy. I consider him of the same cloth as Kerry Allor. Both are EXTREMELY great gunsmiths, and extremely great gentlemen. In fact we (Kerry and Ernest) keep telling each other that we need to meet for dinner sometime in the not too distant future. It would be a hoot for all three of us to sit and lie (not serious) to each other over dinner.

I consider it a priviledge to be in their circle of friendship. K gun owners are genuinely lucky to have Ernest.

Whiz White

·
Registered
289 Posts
Blued my Super Crown 3 years ago and it still looks new. The trigger work he did was flawless. When it comes to Kreghoff he is my gunsmith

·
Registered
844 Posts
He did a outstanding bluing on a Krieghoff San Remo model 32 several years ago and also did a K80 trigger conversion ( just the trigger ) on the same gun. Earnest had a problem getting a K80 trigger shoe and had the gun for three months before fitting the gun with a K80 trigger shoe. I had a problem with the trigger not firing the top barrel shortly after but somehow fixed itself. I had a couple conversations with Earnest during all of this and I think he is a extremely nice fellow. I have also had Krieghoff International service the gun and would give them serious consideration with future work.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ernest is #1 he's really good on Super x's plus he likes them, says still one of the best auto loaders made. he did work on my super x and reblued the barrel
blueing was outstanding!!! worth every penny, Very honest and a real nice man and if I had a K gun he would be the man no question.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Please let me add my unqualified recommendation of Ernest Marlette as a gunsmith and a man of character and integrity.

I have had Ernest do work on both K80's and SX-1s of mine (both mechanical and bluing work) and I can not be more pleased with the results. I also vouch for his unflinching honesty both in business and in personal conversations.

I am very proud to call Ernest a friend although we do not get to see each other as much in recent years as we once did.

You will not go wrong sending Krieghoff work to Ernest Marlette.

Stephen Meyers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.