Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the interweb and see post raving about the ERADS calls and can not find a website or contact info for them, still in business or ??? My local club wants to purchase new wireless

·
Registered
21,570 Posts
I have searched the interweb and see post raving about the ERADS calls and can not find a website or contact info for them, still in business or ??? My local club wants to purchase new wireless

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I would ask if You have personally used them before? We found that Us newbies that did not have any experience with them had to fiddle with positioning them to get good response out of them. Your mileage may vary. If You have the same shooters every practice, not too many snags. If You have people that are not used to them, You might have a learning curve.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Be prepared....shooters occasionally have a tendency to forget to remove them and then walk away from the trap field. It's not intentional but can create delay and distraction for the next person that needs it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We purchased them for our three trap fields three years ago. No problems, replace all batteries before our ATA shoot, so we are good for one year, but our previous releases were wireless also. Their customer service was very easy to work with during the set up phase and have been helpful when questions are asked. We are a trap only club so we only use them as a wireless release and do not utilize them as a target management tool. As mentioned above the only problem is absent minded shooters, but we are a small club so it is not hard to police. I would highly recommend them and the price is competative with any of the Canteburys.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Used them for years at Robinson Ranch in Florida. They sure work good there. Very quick and easy to set up and take down.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nashville Gun Club has them and the TN state shoot is the only time we have ever used them. We hate them! You have to have them up really high and scream at the top of your lungs. Then, you might get it to throw a clay. Canterbury wireless is much better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Used them for years at Robinson Ranch in Florida. They sure work good there. Very quick and easy to set up and take down.
Virtually no set up or take down. In 2 minutes I can have 5 mikes ready to go while sitting in climate controlled comfort and you can store them in a small Sterlite container. No stands or cords to move for hdcp, no targets released by the wind or casual conversation between posts and I have only seen a couple of shooters having trouble, and all they have to do is change their call slightly ( loud call, soft call or long call, it detects them all). Call ERAD they will explain it to you (it has to do with a sharp beginning and a distinct ending to your call). As you can tell, I like them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try leaving a message for Greg Bach @ ERAD 817-244-1761. The Fort Worth Trap & Skeet Club uses the ERAD target system for its members personal shooting and informal club shoots. Each member purchases their own ERAD. There is a learning curve. Guests are required to be accompanied by members or staff with ERADS. Canterbury wired target systems are set up for registered shoots.
At the club ERADS are good for member self service shooting when the office is not staffed. All a member has to do is turn on the trap machines, log on to the field with their ERAD, shoot their rounds, shutdown/reload the trap machines.
If a club shoots mostly trap and is staffed during shooting hours I could see why preference would be given to wired call systems.

·
Registered
604 Posts
As stated before they are used at the Nashville gun club and I have used them while attending the Tn. state shoot. They work great for singles, doubles, and short to mid range caps but were terrible from the 27.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I used them once at a club in Maryland. I was one of those guys during the first event, singles, who walked away with it on causing a delay. In caps I was shooting from the 24 and was having issues even after having the puller physically attach it to me "how it should have been" done.

The next year I went back to that club and they upgraded to wired calls.

I can see how these would be popular for a club that has unattended traps but for everything else I'm not sure why anyone would want to fiddle with these, especially on a hot day when people are sweaty passing these things around.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
At one state shoot where they used them, the trappers were constantly chasing down the shooters on previous squads to retrieve them.

NOT intentional, but like me, people forgot they had them on.

More of a PITA for the club than what they were worth.

And the 27 yard shooters ? Well, more of a Crap Shoot than a Trap shoot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
On of the most responsive wireless systems I've ever used. Thank you South Dakota for introducing them to me... Love them, just wish we would get them back home.

CG

·
Registered
246 Posts
Erads work great as do the Canterberry (sp?) voice release systems, when they are properly set up. Same for the voice release systems used for bunker & Helice whose brand names escape me just this moment.

·
Registered
226 Posts
From my personal experience I wish the ATA would step in and prohibit their use for registered shooting. They give terribly inconsistent pulls and numerous no pulls when used on long yardage handycap. Noting, some shooters will have the same problems with them on singles. Also note, if your shooting in a tournament and a rain comes in before your finished there's a real good chance they will quit working altogether once they get wet!

My two cents worth................

WL

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have had the opportunity to shoot with them on 3 occasions and thought they were great, however I did not shoot any caps.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts