Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The EPA threw in the towel on the petition to ban lead from bullets/shotgun shells.

They rejected the petition sponsored by the Center for Biological Diversity, American Bird Conservancy, and three other "unnamed" groups.

The NRA was given kudos for aborting this disaster.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
TTT - (for the NRA)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I bad mouth the NRA when I think they deserve it. That being said, the NRA had nothing, nothing at all to do with this decision; they may have some where attempted to take credit but as I said before on this forum, the law is firm on the subject of ammunition and lead needed to make ammunition or bullets, 1976 Congress did pass a law stating no one may make any law banning the use of lead for ammunition or bullets, etc. It is there for you lo look up and read, which may be difficult for some, try it,its rewarding!

·
Registered
577 Posts
slic lee,

If you don't believe that the NRA had anything to do with the outcome, just remember that every politician recognizes the political cause and effect of going against the NRA.

It's a matter of opinion but really...

TNCoach

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
slic lee wrote; "1976 Congress did pass a law stating no one may make any law banning the use of lead for ammunition or bullets, etc. It is there for you lo look up and read, which may be difficult for some, try it,its rewarding!"

Try it yourself,,slic.

Try researching California laws,,and other states,,if it isn't to "difficult".........

And don't try to weasel out of it by saying California and other states laws refers only to use in certain areas.

·
Registered
292 Posts
What frightens me is that, every time something like this comes up, it seems to get a little closer to reality. Times like this really need the power of the NRA, though I may disagree with some of its ideas. What's with the 1976 Congress law? Were they looking to repeal the law?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.