Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I have to give the NYSATA credit, that was a good decision. Personally I think a little early, but it was a good solution to a difficult problem.

It will be interesting to shoot a Grand in the beginning to middle of the same week as the Eastern Zone.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I think they made a great call. original dates were 5/6 - 5/10. I know many states are not locked down (yet) but NY State certainly is. Federal guidelines are for social distancing / lockdown to continue the entire month of April. Nothing magic is going to occur on 1 May. If the lockdown is not extended into May, that would be a happy thing. But the Feds and the States are not about to let several hundred men, women, and children from various other states and locales gather in the Cicero swamp, go to dinner, go elsewhere in Syracuse on the 6th of May. I don't think shooters are ready to commit to that either. The long and close lines for classification, squadding, and then cashiering are not conducive to getting a big attendance just a week after opening the country/state.

Pretending that NY State would allow all of us to get together less than a week after the lockdown is lifted, are you going to get the help you need to run a big shoot just one week after the lockdown is lifted.

Pushing out to late July and putting it in front of the Eastern Zone is a great idea and I hope we will be free by then. Shorten the Empire Grand to 3 days and zapping the preliminary day of the Eastern Zone will make a fun week !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts