Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Take a look at the XT 1500 from Cabela's I am pretty sure it is made by PACT. It comes with a hard carrying case, AC adapter(it also runs off a 9V battery), and calibration weights. It will weigh up to 1500 gr. I have had one for years and don't ever see having to get anything else. Cost is $79.99, which is less than I paid for mine some years back and mine has a soft case.

The link above will take you directly to the online catalog but for some reason the picture is one of a box of Federal ammo.

Best of luck.

Tim

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Herman, I will try to get over to my shop tomorrow and let you know the name of one I purchased six months ago. I have a manual set of scales which I have repeatedly checked it against and it has been right on every time. It sells for less than $50.00 and in my opinion it is very good. We also have one that we weigh gold on and paid close to $500.00 for it and the cheap one has shown the same measurements every time. Jackie B.

·
Registered
723 Posts
MTM by Casegaurd makes one that you can get from : www.championshooters.com for $27 It's is a nice scale and a good deal. MTM DS-1250 is the model.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
U.S.Marine Retired - the Pact offers both battery and DC current convertors on the newer models. I just took the battery out and keep it plugged in

Semper Fi

·
Registered
886 Posts
I just recently discovered that my 10+ year old Dillon D-Terminator is weighing HEAVY. My 700 gr. check weight reads 705 gr. on the Dillon. Can't double check it on my RCBS 505. I have checked several other items on both and the Dillon reads heavy on all items checked with the exception of a 15.2 gr. washer. It was .1 gr. light on that.

I came away from my first conversation with someone at Dillon very upset to say the least. Was told that it could not be recalibrated and when I asked if I had nothing more than a $139.00 "throw away" item I was told "yes". B.S. I don't have a problem returning it to the mfgr. if they will tell me who made it for them. I'll try again and let you all know the results.

Somewhat of a rant. Sorry.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have a Pact & my oldest son has a Dillon. Both are excellent scales.My son dropped something or else damaged his scalein some other way. He told them, all his fault.
They replaced it with a NEW scale. They did say, " This one, will only be guaranteed for 1 year." I have been VERY HAPPY with Dillon's N.B. gurantee on several occasions. Why not give them another call & if necessary talk to the top honcho?
Joe Jordan

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Dillon does not give the no BS warranty on everything.

I had to replace a motor on a case feeder - it was on my dime.

The warranty is on their loaders - except for the 1050 machines.

Don Verna

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Cuban, a few years back they had to drop the "No BS" warranty on electronic gear. It only makes sense anyway that this gear won't last a lifetime like their loaders.....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
886 Posts
UPDATE:

I talked with someone else this afternoon and they are sending an instruction sheet for recalibrating the scale.

I feel much better after dealing with a different person.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I own a Dillon D-Terminator, and it's on its way to CED in Pennsylvania, for repair. I purchased the scale a little less than a year ago, but misplaced the receipt. Dillon and CED are both very strict about having the sales receipt. In fact, Dillon said they would replace mine for $85.00, barring my having a receipt.

I purchased the scale at a Sportsman's Warehouse, which has since closed. However, their customer service was able to locate the sale, since I knew when I bought it. They're sending me a duplicate now.

My D-Terminator shuts off very quickly, much sooner than the manual says. I suspect there's a problem with the switch panel.

It's a very accurate scale, and I've confirmed with my RCBS 5-0-5, and a Lyman 1200.

Best,
Dennis

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
The name of the scales I was talking about was Carbon Express Digital scales. As I said before I have checked them against three other scales and they are accurate. I think I had ordered them through Ellett Brothers and they retail for around $48.00. It has auto shut off and is very easy to use. I leave a small metal cup from my RCBS 505 on it and it stays on 0 when powered on. It is four by six and one half inch thick so it doesn't take up much room. Jackie B.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.