Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ELECTRIC OR GAS GOLF CART FOR TRAPSHOOTING

4K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  dverna 
#1 ·
WHAT IS BETTER TO BUY FOR TRAPSHOOTING.

#10 ·
Buy stock in a battery company and get an electric cart ... Hang close to a friend who has a gas cart so he can tow you back to your shelter so you can recharge it every night, or eliminate that and be smart and buy a Gas cart ...
I have had more than one gas cart and always carry a rope to tow those believers in electric home from time to time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

#9 ·
Buy stock in a battery company and get an electric cart ... Hang close to a friend who has a gas cart so he can tow you back to your shelter so you can recharge it every night, or eliminate that and be smart and buy a Gas cart ...
I have had more than one gas cart and always carry a rope to tow those believers in electric home from time to time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

#15 ·
I have an electric cart and love it, I take it to state shoots etc. without any charging problems. I can go 2-3 days without charging it on seven year old batteries. It is smooth, quite and basicaly maintence free. If I travel I just ask someone or even the hotel and they are more than happy to loan me an outlet. Before you buy, drive both and I think you will agree that the electric one is just better, no jerking, choking, fumes,oil changes, filters, etc. Batteries every 8-10 years

#16 ·
APrice,

They use them for NV's (neighborhood vehicles) around where I live, and yes I have towed many electric carts home and even a gas cart once that ran out of gas, now I just drive by and laugh at them ... You amaze really easy if that amazes you, different strokes for different folks I guess ... I have had two carts, a Western and a Yamaha both gas and no problems with either one ... I sold them to friends who still use them and they don't have any problems with the gas carts either ... Two electric carts got towed back to their trailer just last week end at a shoot, by gas carts I might add ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Hey Bro Jerry, whats happeneing ..?

#17 ·
I have an electric club car and it works nothing short of fabulous for trap shooting. I like no noise. I like no smell. I like no vibration. I like not having to change oil. I like not having to tune it up and I like being able to make that thing go as fast as I like. The electric models are far more easy to hop up and the hop ups work. Mine stock would go 17 mph and by adding a new motor it now goes near 30 mph. Not a bad up grade for $300. and it took me all of about 1/2 hour to do it.
Good luck with your decision.

#21 ·
This can be debated just like the on going debate of a 9MM over a 40 Cal and vise versa ... Both of them will do the job if the placement is in the right spot but the guys with the 40's figure they have the edge in a gun fight ... Same thing goes with Golf Carts, Golf Cars, NV's (neighborhood Vehicles) and thats why there are so many choices ... Pick the one that will serve you the best and live with it ...

Street gears on a gas cart, car, vehicle are less than $150 installed and will increase the performance considerably ... My Western ran 35 MPH on the streets wide open and the Yamaha I had only did 32 MPH, but both got much better gas milage as if thats a problem when your getting about 50 miles per gallon and the tank holds 7 to 8 gallons ... Personally, if I buy another Car Cart, NV mine will be a gas unit because I like not having to plug them in all the time and replace the batterys at a cost of approx $600.00 per serving ... DS/DF ... Different strokes for differnt folks ... Batterys last about 3 to 4 years out here in the valley of the Sun, Arizona ... Your milage may differ ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

#23 ·
Whatever you do DON'T BY A BAD BOY BUGGY.

I tried to talk to no less than 5 different sales reps at the SHOT Show and after waiting for several minutes they all just blew me off.

3 of them actually started tqalking to me and then we were interupted and they just turned and walked away.

I will NEVER buy anything from them and not only that, I'll tell everyone I know about their self absorbed sales staff.

In fact I'm probably going to write them a real snotty letter this weekend.

I hate outfits that are too busy "doin' bidness" to talk to an individual.

But to be completely ignored by 5 different people at a trade show booth is unexcusable.

Randy

#24 ·
Randy--The trade shows are supposed to be about the people. I don't blame you for being upset. Worked for an outfit for 12 years and did the trade show circuit. That is where you showcase all your new items and hopefully drum up all your buisness for the year. Guess they were not too interested in their sales. I've turned and walked away from outfits like that myself.

Matt

#26 ·
My ass is still growing so I decided to get a Polaris Ranger. It has a huge seat that will accommodate three non trap shooters or two AA trap shooters.

The freaking thing will go 50 mph (which is just stupid to do sober) so it will be a quick zippidy-do from the RV to the trap fields at the Grand. Like WPT I have a tow rope but added a winch too. The winch is for off-road use. I guess I could use it to pull out carts stuck in the mud at Mason.

It has a dump bed that holds 1000 lbs. Great for hauling firewood and other chores as needed.

I have a 20 gallon gas tank and fuel pump in the 5th wheel. It should be enough for most excursions. I can always transfer fuel from the 20 gallon generator tank in a pinch. Electricity is not always handy and once you are out of juice it takes a while to recharge.

Don Verna

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.