Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here done this ?
So I have a new 725 trap combo and want to extract rather than eject shells. Found a couple of articles in search but was hoping for a video. I see several different ways to do this.
Gun is still fairly stif to open so can’t stop with my hand. Also saw that spring is stiffer than it needs to be and causes ejector problems down the road.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
How difficult is the change or removal of the Remington 3200 ejector springs?

Edit: Just did a little search of old threads. Appears the forend iron must be removed, but this only requires removal of one screw - correct? Then either replace or remove ejector springs - correct?

Thanks, Ed

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
yep, i have done this also, replace ejector springs with 1911 firing pin springs, but cut about 3 to 4 coils off the 1911 springs.
the work is real simple, should take less then 5 minutes, the forend iron might have a slight amount glue holding it tight to the wood still after removing the screw, a gentle tap near where the screw was with a plastic hammer freed up the iron when i removed mine fore the first time

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
yep, i have done this also, replace ejector springs with 1911 firing pin springs, but cut about 3 to 4 coils off the 1911 springs.
the work is real simple, should take less then 5 minutes, the forend iron might have a slight amount glue holding it tight to the wood still after removing the screw, a gentle tap near where the screw was with a plastic hammer freed up the iron when i removed mine fore the first time
Thanks Very Much! Really appreciate your guidance on this. Best Regards, Ed

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have converted a number of shotguns using Colt 1911 firing pin springs and it works fine, but be sure you buy the standard strength spring. I found that if I use a stronger spring I get a weak ejection and then you may be disassembling the forend a number of times before you get the spring trimmed to the right length.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
I have converted a number of shotguns using Colt 1911 firing pin springs and it works fine, but be sure you buy the standard strength spring. I found that if I use a stronger spring I get a weak ejection and then you may be disassembling the forend a number of times before you get the spring trimmed to the right length.
Thank You Very Much for this good info tip. A good friend has 1911 springs. Best Regards, Ed

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your reply. I can only find one strength spring. No standard or heavy designation.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
might be able to, but have fun fitting your hands in there Don't you disassemble your gun to clean it anyway.
Go for it, most of us enjoy turning a 5 minute job into 5 hours

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
On a Browning, I prefer to remove the ejector trip rods. Less wear on all parts involved as the hammers never get actuated. Take off the stock and remove the two retaining screws, very simple.

-Scot

·
Registered
22,916 Posts
On a Browning, I prefer to remove the ejector trip rods. Less wear on all parts involved as the hammers never get actuated. Take off the stock and remove the two retaining screws, very simple.

-Scot
Trip rods and sears. Leave hammers free to push hulls higher.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
You guys are talking about 2 different guns on the same Thread. Just a little confusing!

·
Registered
88 Posts
How difficult is the change or removal of the Remington 3200 ejector springs?

Edit: Just did a little search of old threads. Appears the forend iron must be removed, but this only requires removal of one screw - correct? Then either replace or remove ejector springs - correct?

Thanks, Ed
I took the ejector springs out of my 3200 twenty years ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts