Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new Browning Citori O/U 12 Ga 725 Sporting model. Dang, after about 200 rds at our local club I began having troubles. At first a subtle delay (maybe a few milliseconds) from trigger pull to ignition. Easy enough to blame my nervous system and not the gun. Then, the unmistakable double barrel fire. Three times in in the next 50 rounds.
I looked on the website and found no help. I also am a bit nervous that others have had poor satisfaction with warranty work.. I called our local designated
Browning repair center and they were like ----warranty---what warranty? "Maybe,but bring it in and we will look".
WTF??!! This is a $3K shotgun with obvious malfunction right out of the box.
Do I not really have a warranty?
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Anybody with advice on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
The official deal is you contact your local Browning Authorized Service Center.

Link provided. It has a downloadable form you must use.

Me, I would take that sucker apart and see why it malfunctioned. You, you should have or find a trusted smith to do it.

HM

·
Banned
331 Posts
I had a new Browning Citori (2 months old) with a finish problem on the receiver.
I called Browning and they emailed me a shipping label. I shipped the gun the
next day. A week later I got a call from the Service Center. They told me it
was going to take a while to get my gun refinished, with Thanksgiving coming up
and then Christmas, and their usual backlog. Did I want to wait or did I want
them to send me a new gun. I elected to go with the new gun and I received it
in about three days (direct to me). NEVER, NEVER expect that kind of service
from Beretta. My experience with Browning warranty and service was great.

·
Registered
898 Posts
beretta has the best W i had problems with my ugb25 which i bought used they sent me ship label replace all parts needed an return 2 me in lest than 3 weeks no charge gun is now better than new

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
mmgwhite,

If I owned the new 725 that you have and had those problems, the first thing I would do is remove the buttstock and barrels and give the receiver and trigger parts a good cleaning with mineral spirits. Then lubricate lightly with gun oil of your choice and reassemble. Can't hurt anything and just might fix the problem. If it doesn't fix it, you can still send it in to Browning.

Easystreet

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
You're seeing the reason that most over/under shotguns, including the most expensive ones, do not have mechanical triggers.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Easystreet,

Doing thatn may vopid thye warranty. Browning often looks to get out from under using any subterfugen they can. This is nothing new. They did it to me in 1964 with a new Superposed.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
If it were me, I would send it back/take it in for repair. If they balked at repairing under warranty, tell them to keep it if that's the best they could do. If they attempt to ship it back either refuse it or return it. They will soon get the message as they don't want an unsettled warranty claim lying around. However I'm betting they will make it good the first time.

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Just a minute here. If your stock gets loose does tightning it void the warranty? If you did take it off, how would they know?

Sheesh.

HM

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
How is cleaning a gun going to be considered as voiding a warranty? Do the people who think that it might void a warranty actually know what is involved in the cleaning I suggested? It doesn't seem so. It makes me wonder if they actually know how to clean their guns.

Easystreet

·
Registered
810 Posts
I had 8 year old Browning that had a problem,Browning fixed it and sent it back in 2 weeks,GREAT SERVICE from Browning call Browning or Email them

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Your issue sounds like a problem I encountered a few years ago with a new Citori Grand Prix Sporter. It happened at about the 300-400 round mark, 3rd or 4th time out with it.

I briefly thought about sending it back to them but knew I would only get ticked off about the time it would take for them to only clean it and send it back. I wasn't all that pissed mostly thinking about the safety issue of the gun. So I took it apart myself and cleaned it with Kroil and Rem-Oiled it. It has been fine for several thousand rounds at this point.

If you are mechanically inclined clean it yourself and I bet you'll be o.k., I found nothing really obvious with mine but, I've been shooting fine ever since.

Guys talk s#!t about Stogers and how you have to clean the triggers right out of the box before you take it out. I wasn't that surprised to have to do it to a Browning. Mass produced as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts