·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edwardsburg Conservation Club
26524 Pine Lake Street
Edwardsburg, MI 49112
Hello my Fellow Shooters and Sportsmen & Sportswomen,

There is a possibility that we may be able to open our club back up on May 1st depending on what our Governor decides in the next week.

I have been in several Zoom meetings with fellow BOD members these last few days, and have another meeting tonight.

We have several Ideas already, but I am asking for some other ideas from my fellow shooters.
If your club is open, what are you currently doing ?

Here are a few ideas we will be covering tonight in our meeting:

Should we limit the use of the ranges (Trap, Rifle and Pistol) to members only ?
We are generally open to the public for Trap, member only for Rifle and Pistol

Designating time slots to shoot to avoid overcrowding and maintain guidelines

Open more days to allow more shooting ...we were open on Tuesday Evenings, All day Saturday , and Sunday afternoons for Trap

Start a League Program

Daily Range fee or increase target cost to offset additional labor

Weekly 50 bird Singles Shoot ...you can shoot any day, winners determined at end of week

Liability Waiver to be signed by shooters

These are a few ideas that have been presented by myself , BOD members and fellow shooters.

I value everyone's input, and would greatly appreciate what your thoughts or current programs are.

I hope everyone is safe,in good health and has gotten a Haircut,

Yours in Sport,
Wadcrusher...aka Don Jr

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
26524 Pine Lake Street
Edwardsburg, MI 49112

There is a possibility that we may be able to open our club back up on May 1st depending on what our Governor decides in the next week.

I have been in several Zoom meetings with fellow BOD members these last few days, and have another meeting tonight.

We have several Ideas already, but I am asking for some other ideas from my fellow shooters.

Should we limit the use of the ranges (Trap, Rifle and Pistol) to members only ?

We opened last Saturday Rifle/Pistol Trap/Skeet all open. Our employees where asked if they wanted to work. They didn't have to come in if they didn't feel it was safe to do so we offered them PPE if they wanted to use masks or gloves. Only 5 people in club house at a time (we are allowed 10) for sign up and bar is closed no food. Lots of signage about social distancing and hand washing posted every where. Lots of cleaners and hand wipes. Leave doors open if possible so people don't have to touch door handles.
Mass email to members about social distancing on the ranges and if your sick or don't feel its safe for you to be out STAY HOME.
Have someone show up early to wipe down high traffic area, keep bath rooms clean as can be,
Our RSOs and trap kids do their best to remind people, other wise business usual. Leagues will start in two weeks as planned.
We where really slow Sat. ok on Sun. Slow yesterday. We have older members that that don't think it safe yet.
If your thinking of doing the reservation thing call Minneapolis Gun Club in Prior Lake MN I know that's how they are doing it with fair success.
Hope this helps
Bob
HRGCA in Hudson WI

Open more days to allow more shooting ...we were open on Tuesday Evenings, All day Saturday , and Sunday afternoons for Trap

Start a League Program

Weekly 50 bird Singles Shoot ...you can shoot any day, winners determined at end of week

These are a few ideas that have been presented by myself , BOD members and fellow shooters.

I value everyone's input, and would greatly appreciate what your thoughts or current programs are.

Yours in Sport,
Wadcrusher...aka Don Jr
26524 Pine Lake Street
Edwardsburg, MI 49112

Start a League Program

Yours in Sport,
Wadcrusher...aka Don Jr

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Not sure how my response got put in the middle of the question?
We opened last Saturday Rifle/Pistol Trap/Skeet all open. Our employees where asked if they wanted to work. They didn't have to come in if they didn't feel it was safe to do so we offered them PPE if they wanted to use masks or gloves. Only 5 people in club house at a time (we are allowed 10) for sign up and bar is closed no food. Lots of signage about social distancing and hand washing posted every where. Lots of cleaners and hand wipes. Leave doors open if possible so people don't have to touch door handles.
Mass email to members about social distancing on the ranges and if your sick or don't feel its safe for you to be out STAY HOME.
Have someone show up early to wipe down high traffic area, keep bath rooms clean as can be,
Our RSOs and trap kids do their best to remind people, other wise business usual. Leagues will start in two weeks as planned.
We where really slow Sat. ok on Sun. Slow yesterday. We have older members that that don't think it safe yet.
If your thinking of doing the reservation thing call Minneapolis Gun Club in Prior Lake MN I know that's how they are doing it with fair success.
Hope this helps
Bob
HRGCA in Hudson WI

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Might try some kind of fund raiser to help offset any price Increase, i know a few clubs that went up in price for practice and registered , the club lost some shooters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts