Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
I am not sure really where I stand on it, he was hired by the giverment to spy on us I guess, but he got enough of it and ratted them out, I am glad he shined the light on what the giverment is doing, but I think they have been doing it for quite a while

·
Just getting by.....
1,073 Posts
Traitor, he could have been a whistleblower without putting others in harm's way.

Spilling the beans to his fellow Americans over the depth of surveillance being carried out by the National Security Agency within the borders of the United States is one thing—disclosing the nation’s covert activities involving spying on other nations is something else entirely.

Tim

·
Registered
15,903 Posts
Patriot.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Patriot my ass!!!

Like postmastertim said, he could have been a whistleblower but he chose to release information that is harmful to our security.

Having so much other information that hasn't been released yet do you really think the Chinese or Russians are going to let slip through their fingers?

·
Registered
15,903 Posts
likes-to-shoot

Like I said, traitor my ass!!! Snowden would have been dead quicker and you would have never heard about him or the NSA and it's actions if he had attempted to do anything through "proper channels". He's still a dead man walking.

Just like the truth of Benghazi is buried by proper channels (gov't officials), he knew his fate was sealed either way. It's just delayed now and you as John Q. Public would know what is going on. A patriot will sacrifice his own personal existence by following a moral compass.

Traitors are only in it for themselves. The money & power. What did Snowden have to gain monetarily or in power? Nothing.

Take a look at real political traitors like Obama, Holder, Clinton & Clinton,
Reid, etc. There's your traitors. They sell out the American public daily.

·
Registered
986 Posts
And if you were in his shoes, who in Government would you trust enough to tell them the NSA couldn't be trusted to obey our Constitution.

The Whistle Blower program was probably created with good intentions, but would you trust them with your life?

There is only one person who I have complete trust in and no it's not myself or anyone in Government.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
He's both.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Was the information CLASSIFIED to keep the American people in the dark or to keep our enemies in the dark?

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm probably in the minority here, but I think that Mr. Snowden should have an appointment with a long tree and a short rope.

I think that agencies like the NSA can become a problem, but that is what we have a court system for; checks and balances. Not for pathetic, traitorous publicity hounds like Snowden to take it upon himself to right every percieved wrong.

Imagine yourself doing clandestine work in a very dangerous part of the world and having something like WikiLeaks transpire?

Like the Patriot Act, which the Lib's. vilified, if you aren't talking to terrorists on the phone, what do you care?

And it seems to me like we are always at war, what with the Islamists out to kill us all. But that's just me, I suppose.

dju

·
Premium Member
18,797 Posts
I'd say he is both, but lean more toward the traitor. They don't execute spies, traitors or the like, anymore. The ones executed were Ethyl and Julius Rosenburg in 1953.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Charlie:
I wonder why not?
Call me old fashioned but I long for the days of a convicted spy on the end of a rope, and for those who speak out against the country during wartime to be tried and incarcerated for sedition. Seems like Sen. Dennis Kucinich (sp?) should have been frog walked off the airplane when he returned from a televised rant in Libya against "Bush's illegal war".
dju

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Lets see now, didn't ole slick willie sell "technology"(missile guidance) to China for "campaigning"
monies?

Who is a traitor???????????

The rotten apples don't fall far from the tree, the good ones get sent all over the world.

As for Snowden and putting "spy's" in harms way, a certain Sec. of State had 4 Patriots murdered under her watchful eye plus a whole bunch wounded and keep hidden away from the public knowledge for a long time.

Determining who is a Patriot and who is a traitor looks pretty simple.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Patriot. Who in this administration gave information to Hollywood? Obama whispers to Putin...wait till after the election. I've seen more than enough of Holder and Obama to know I can't trust them with my life. Can you trust them with yours? Can the parents of those murdered in Bengazi trust Hillary with their lives? ed

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Let's get some facts out there about the NSA: the NSA's workforce is made up of a large contingent of military personnel assigned to work there as a tour of duty, mostly Air Force and Navy/Marine Corp personnel. The NSA also supports/augments the military service's cryptologic units, especially during wartime, such as Iraq and Afghanistan. Anyone who had served in the military should at least know this.

But what do I know, the NSA was one of the few agencies who helped tracked down Bin Laden. Yeah they must be a really bad agency *rolls eyes*.

I salute the NSA. A lot of veterans work there(especially those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan), a lot of military personnel work there, and they also help take out the dirtbag terrorists. Sounds good to me.

Snowden is a traitor. Him releasing classified information on how we conduct intelligence operations is in the same league as former CIA case officer Aldrich Ames telling the former KGB the names of our Russian sources and how the CIA conducts recruitment of Russian sources. Subsequently, the flow of information out of the former Soviet Union stopped and those sources got executed within Lubyanka prison in Moscow.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
sernv99... great post and I agree with you. Furthermore, what most people do not understand is that Eric Snowden is guilty of two crimes. Let's forget exactly what he revealed and why because that crime is a given. His second crime which is a major felony is perjuring himself on his Top Secret Clearance application/oath. I've had several TS's and Special Access Required (SAR) Clearance throughout my career. You sign affidavits after you're approved and before the clearance(s) are granted. Him and his employer can legally be held responsible. I'm sure that offense can get him many years in maximum security. These steps were put into place right after the Walker case identified holes in the clearance approval system/process.

blade819

1 - 20 of 32 Posts