Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did everything on-line - squadding and classification and payment for ALL events. This electronic entry and payment looked great to me. And then I actually showed up in Sparta Illinois. First - early today (Monday 8/2), I could not buy my shells as the ATA had not put that data base into the system. The guys at the shell house told me that later today (Monday) the data base would probably be updated and include the Grand Shooters. OK - I came back later and the shell house personnel told me it was ready to go. I swiped my card and the system knew who I was but the feedback was that I did no cashier !! I have a receipt for more than a thousand bucks that says I did in fact cashier. Sadly, I cannot get this fixed until tomorrow and then I can also deal with the line of people who are going to shoot this week. Plus, I have to subject myself to the crowded COVID environment that I was trying to avoid. Pretty sad. It is very clear to me that the people who are getting paid to keep this running smoothly are just jerks and need intelligent leadership. Something is very very wrong here

· Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 34” unsingle 0.031/34” Wilkinson o/u with a prosoft
1,687 Posts
So I did everything on-line - squadding and classification and payment for ALL events. This electronic entry and payment looked great to me. And then I actually showed up in Sparta Illinois. First - early today (Monday 8/2), I could not buy my shells as the ATA had not put that data base into the system. The guys at the shell house told me that later today (Monday) the data base would probably be updated and include the Grand Shooters. OK - I came back later and the shell house personnel told me it was ready to go. I swiped my card and the system knew who I was but the feedback was that I did no cashier !! I have a receipt for more than a thousand bucks that says I did in fact cashier. Sadly, I cannot get this fixed until tomorrow and then I can also deal with the line of people who are going to shoot this week. Plus, I have to subject myself to the crowded COVID environment that I was trying to avoid. Pretty sad. It is very clear to me that the people who are getting paid to keep this running smoothly are just jerks and need intelligent leadership. Something is very very wrong here
Pretty baseless ad hominem attack against a bunch of folks who are trying their best. The first time something happens, it’s bound to have some hiccups.

Calm down, count your All-American points again, and give them a break. If after that you still think you could do a better job, you can 1) leave or 2) run for a position in the organization.

Good grief.

· Registered
12,996 Posts
Pretty baseless ad hominem attack against a bunch of folks who are trying their best. The first time something happens, it’s bound to have some hiccups.

Calm down, count your All-American points again, and give them a break. If after that you still think you could do a better job, you can 1) leave or 2) run for a position in the organization.

Good grief.
Maybe he , like a lot of us, EXPECT the promises we we given that this new SYSTEM was going to be so GREAT to have those promises. met ! How about This WHY don't YOU LEAVE ! That way you can go start an trapshooting organization of smart butts !

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
Well there you go . Some NEWBIE with 5 whole post lecturing a guy who has been on here so ages ! Maybe he , like a lot of us, EXPECT the promises we we given that this new SYSTEM was going to be so GREAT to have those promises. met ! How about This WHY don't YOU LEAVE ! That way you can go start an trapshooting organization of snot nosed smart butts !
Newby? Hell, his start date is exactly the same as yours. Jan 1998. In fact he’s been here 9 years longer than Golf Pants has.

· Registered
12,996 Posts
Newby? Hell, his start date is exactly the same as yours. Jan 1998. In fact he’s been here 9 years longer than Golf Pants has.
Miss read his state date . OH well my bad ! I changed that part but ,The REST of my post STANDS ! , I think Gary has EVERY Right to expect the promises that were made to be delivered on without wise butt comments being made about him. ! As for me I'm never surprised when some new Computer system screws up ! Usually it's just somebody trying to make it easier of themselves NOT the customer anyway ! Gary has a VALID complaint and gets jumps on by some Holier- than- thou guy who insults him.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
Miss read his state date . OH well my bad ! I changed that part but ,The REST of my post STANDS ! , I think Gary has EVERY Right to expect the promises that were made to be delivered on without wise butt comments being made about him. ! As for me I'm never surprised when some new Computer system screws up ! Usually it's just somebody trying to make it easier of themselves NOT the customer anyway ! Gary has a VALID complaint and gets jumps on by some Holier- than- thou guy who insults him.
And over on another thread you are giving references to Galatians. Practice charity, don’t assume the worse. Gary can’t accept startup glitches. You can. Gary bitches and throws aspersions in all directions. You cast them at a guy whe tells Gary to be more like Slide.

Go figure.

· Registered
12,996 Posts
And over on another thread you are giving references to Galatians. Practice charity, don’t assume the worse. Gary can’t accept startup glitches. You can. Gary bitches and throws aspersions in all directions. You cast them at a guy whe tells Gary to be more like Slide.

Go figure.
I have at times DISAGREED with Gary and we had had our arguments BUT I have Never bad mouthed him and never told him to LEAVE . I have disagreed with you also at times but I never told you to leave either have I ? In this case Gary is frustrated and I think rightfully so . I would be also be , if I like him , I were forced to go stand in line and try to get the 'glitch" fixed when it was promised to him that this "easy brezzie" system would prevent that. This guy attacks him for that. Sorry but to me, that is unacceptable . Galatians 6:7 is not about charity. It references what we would in worldly terms "what goes around, comes around." If you throw stones at people ,don't be surprised if they come flying back.

· Registered
2,060 Posts
I see nothing wrong with expecting to get what you pay for. To accept less will only get you more poor results. It seems that ones best is all you here , in every place you go. I'm not attacking these people. I'm just frustrated with the lack of pride of doing a perfect job, from every agency I deal with any more. The standard just keeps getting lower and it's going to get a lot worse when we start dealing with all the illegals. Perhaps hard work and pride is a thing of the past.

· Registered
4,964 Posts
A good year to work out the glitches on a new system too. With the Covid scare and travel restrictions attendance will be down some. Also don't forge help is very hard to find this year. People being paid not to work & some just plain afraid pf Covid. I'm sure things will sort out but be patient with those that are trying to help this year. At least we DO have a Grand to go to and that is a good thing. End of Sermon. And now I have that long 30 minute drive to Sparta today (sarcasm) , see ya there I hope. Colonel

· Registered
12,996 Posts
A good year to work out the glitches on a new system too. With the Covid scare and travel restrictions attendance will be down some. Also don't forge help is very hard to find this year. People being paid not to work & some just plain afraid pf Covid. I'm sure things will sort out but be patient with those that are trying to help this year. At least we DO have a Grand to go to and that is a good thing. End of Sermon. And now I have that long 30 minute drive to Sparta today (sarcasm) , see ya there I hope. Colonel
Shoot well Col. Break e'm all ! :)

· Registered
32 Posts
We used the kiosk for the entire AIM shoot and had no issues. The Grand database was loaded around 4PM yesterday and was available for a couple hours before we closed, even though we had announced that it wouldn’t open until Tuesday. We had several Grand shooters who cashiered online and used the kiosk yesterday afternoon with no issues.

For the record, every single customer during AIM who claimed to have cashiered but had no vouchers, turned out that they hadn’t actually cashiered and there was no issue with the system. They all came back after cashiering and it worked fine. We haven’t had a single person with an incorrect box total on their vouchers since we opened last Thursday.

If the OPs vouchers weren’t loaded, he either hasn’t cashiered, or it’s a 1 in 3,000+ shooter glitch. The shell house system is running just fine for 99.9% of shooters.

· Registered
1,761 Posts
We used the kiosk for the entire AIM shoot and had no issues. The Grand database was loaded around 4PM yesterday and was available for a couple hours before we closed, even though we had announced that it wouldn’t open until Tuesday. We had several Grand shooters who cashiered online and used the kiosk yesterday afternoon with no issues.

For the record, every single customer during AIM who claimed to have cashiered but had no vouchers, turned out that they hadn’t actually cashiered and there was no issue with the system. They all came back after cashiering and it worked fine. We haven’t had a single person with an incorrect box total on their vouchers since we opened last Thursday.

If the OPs vouchers weren’t loaded, he either hasn’t cashiered, or it’s a 1 in 3,000+ shooter glitch. The shell house system is running just fine for 99.9% of shooters.
Hell, Gary should have bought a lottery ticket because the software is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.