Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to an injury, me girlfriend can not open either of my Browning Citori's. She is able to use a BT-99.

Are there any O/U's that are very easy to open. I am looking for a 20 ga or 28 ga for shooting sporting clays. I have a Beretta 3901 she can use but she would prefer to use an O/U if we can find one.

She does not shoot a release so the gun does not need to able to support that conversion.

Thanks,

Don Verna

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Ruger Red Label 20 or 28 ga. has build in self-opening feature.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Blaser and Krieghoff do indeed have easy opening guns. They are top dollar investments as well.

The Browning Cynergy is adjustable and can be made to open very easily. I can email you the procedure should you decide to go that route.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
It is true the Ruger Red Label simply flops open. Made that way. Maybe if you had one re-stocked to fit her that would work pretty well. The factory stocks have vicious drop at comb, almost like the old flintlocks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Dverna Ihave an SKB combo that is so easy to open that it makes you think the barrel is going to fall off.when it is closed it is as tlght as nib. every one that has shot it comments on it.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Try this first

Get a bottle of STP motor oil treatment- regular blue bottle

rub some on the bearing points with your fingers

Tell me if the gun doesnt open about 85 percent easier

I will be shocked if it doesnt

cost $2 for a lifetime supply

Experience- priceless

btw- I have done this at ranges for people- and with a lot of brownings- people are frankly shocked

regards from Iowa

Gene

·
Registered
292 Posts
This is a cheaper alternative:
I own two Berettas, an older 682 and newer 682 gold and both of them from the first day out of the box opened smoothly. However, I also own a BT99 that takes time to wear in. It closes kind of hard but, with lube and use loosens up just right. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Loosen up the catch bolt on a Perazzi..Have a properly fitted locking bolt.. and a 1 year old top lever return spring.. The gun will open easily..and just fall open.. And yes.. the SKB opens easily once broken in.. Again.. if the forend lug is to tight..a light swipe of a file can correct that..

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
My experience has only been with a Ruger Red Label 20 ga.and its easy opening is a plus but its low comb and terrible trigger pull caused me to sell it off.

·
Registered
471 Posts
My wife has a 20ga Beretta 686 Onyx Pro that she would not shoot much because it "wore her out" opening and closing it.

My anwser was always shoot it more it will loosen up.

A older shooter at the club told me to use Ponsness Warren STOS lube on it instead of the Pro-Shot oil I had been using.

The difference was remarkable. She won't shoot it without the STOS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.