Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like some of the Carolina shooters on here to share a good East Carolina Vinegar base sauce recipe. I can make lots of different good recipes but have never been succesfull making the runny vinegar based red barbeque sauce that is famous in East carolina. I have a Pork butt on the smoker so get me a good recipe

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thx Larry. I looked at it and made a couple from there but I am looking for home recipes from one of the good ole boys. I appreciate the help however

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha, Come on over Rich. My sauce is making my mouth water and the meat is not ready yet, has to smoke until about 8:00pm then a cold beer and yummie

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ingredients:
16 oz Apple Cider Vinegar
2 oz Water
1 ½ Tsp Dry Mustard
2 Tbl. Worcestershire
4 oz Chili Sauce
½ oz Juice Lemon
1 Garlic Clove
3 Tea Sugar
3 Tbl Ketchup
1 Tsp Hot Sauce
Heat on stove to blend.
Use 2 tsp. Corn starch to thicken.
Do not over thicken.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I don't know haw anyone can eat that vinegar tasting sour stuff. Get a Texas recipe, they are the best. And no, I'm not from Texas. But I've traveled the country and tried to sample all the regional recipes. To me, the Texas recipe's are the primo of barbeque sauces.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shot410ga - I like them all. On my pulled pork the vinegar base is the bomb though. I go for the texas style on my brisket and ribs

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EE, thats exactly what I used to buy from an ole black man back in Indiana

·
Registered
122 Posts
Try this website. I was introduced to this sauce by a native North Carolinian many years ago. Works great with pulled pork, diced chicken or turkey and with my favorite, diced ring necked pheasant. Sauce has no sugar, nice heat and is vinegar based. It's a can't miss.

Play Dead

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
EE: Have you been sippin on the cheap corn jug, while you eat that sour stuff? That's the only way anyone could or should eat it.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx for all the suggestions and keep them coming. I love all types of barbeque sauce ( except for the pulled pork where I gotta have the vinegar) We all like different flavors and I am open to all suggestions

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.