Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earl Scruggs passed yesterday! The best Bluegrass Ambassador ever, the best banjo player there has ever been or ever will be. He was one of my all time best bluegrass idol's

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
An oldie but a goodie....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TaiyW_UDuG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
282 Posts
The Foggy Mountain Boys are together again. after hearing the ballad of Jed Clampett I was hooked on Bluegrass.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I saw the Earl Scruggs Revue live in concert in 1975, give or take a year......him and his sons. What a great, great show. Later on in life, I tried to learn how to play a banjo myself. Naturally I wanted to learn the Scruggs style of three finger picking. Long story short, I could hit all the notes but I couldnt make the music. His style of playing is even harder than it looks. At least it was for me. A real american icon. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Once again i am convinced cubancigar2000 and I are related. We both Love our wives,90T's,Trapshooting,Helping Our Friends, Cigars, Earl Scruggs And Bluegrass Music.We also like to cook and eat GREAT Food.If there is ANY way i can get to Idaho before i pass on i will meet this GOOD man. A round of Trap, a good meal and a Fine Cigar with a Friend !!!! It does NOT get better than That!!!! joe90t

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Joe, I have not smoked a cuban in 4 years but I still have a few hundred in the humidor and that would be a reason to smoke one once again for sure. ( I been looking for an excuse to have one anyway lol) We shall pass by your way one of these days. The Hatch Chile Fest is always on our schedule

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yes, he was 88 when he died & he still did a few concerts. I am a banjo freak so when I work out each morning I listen to Earl ( and other Bluegrass) on my MP3. It really makes the time fly by and I love working out to the beat

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Earl and Lester used to have Martha White Self-Rising Flour for a sponsor on their TV show. "Now you bake right, with Martha White .......".

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I could never master that claw hammer style. He was a pioneer. Listen to Bela Fleck some time...it's easy to hear who was his inspiration.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.