Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a new pair of ear plugs for trapshooting.

What brand do you use and will you buy the same type the next time?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have the Earinc insta-mold as well. They’ve lasted a long time and I’m very pleased with them. Sure I’d do it again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you considered using the molded type with the electronic controlled devices?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I’ve considered the electronics both the style that reacts to the noise and the music inserts. I’ve wondered if some white noise might keep me focused better.

·
5,388 Posts
I'm a fan of the original Sonic 2, now known as the Shooter's Impact Noise Reduction earplugs... allows conversation, but locks up on gunshot report. Low NRR as it works on impact noise not constant noise.

Terrific reusable plugs, comfortable silicone body, that work great for shooting noise...

j.

·
Registered
477 Posts
As others have said, what really matters is the NNR raiting and wearing them correctly, also remember the NNR scale isn't linear so a NNR 32 plug is much more than 23 percent more effective than a NNR 26 custom molded plug. I love the comfort of custom molded plugs, but they don't block enough noise. I wear them around the club, but when shooting I wear 33 NNR disposable earplugs. If I could wear muffs on top I would but I haven't found any that don't interfere with my mount.

Remember there are already enough wise old guys at the club who have to shout to be heard...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I bought a couple of boxes of 3M foam plugs a couple of years ago and still haven't got through the first box. Great ear plugs! If you lose a pair you've only lost a few pennies.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm a fan of the original Sonic 2, now known as the Shooter's Impact Noise Reduction earplugs... allows conversation, but locks up on gunshot report. Low NRR as it works on impact noise not constant noise.

Terrific reusable plugs, comfortable silicone body, that work great for shooting noise...

j.

I've lost a significant amount of high frequency hearing in my left ear thanks to the Sonic 2 ear plugs. Didn't realize I had the loss in hearing til it was caught in my medical screening prior to entering the military. I was sent to an audiologist and the first thing he asked was if I ever did any shooting. When I explained my history and the ear plugs I was using he said that was the direct cause. Luckily I was granted a hearing waiver to get in.

I would not recommend these plugs to anybody!!

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
Hearos, available online and Lowe's (much cheaper at Lowe's, $4.00/3 pair).
Easiest way to get great hearing protection and one hand "installation" which is unlike most all other plug type hearing protection. Can't count how many close calls I've witnessed due to fumbling around with ear protection....
I'll switch over to to my electronic muffs soon as the temperature drops but of all the plugs and muffs I've tried (and there's been a lot) the Hearos are by far my favorite.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Custom made from an audiologist. I can barely hear a squad member say pull, but unfortunately the scorer saying loss comes in loud and clear....

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts