Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I use Hearos Extreme 32 NRR. Made in USA. Available at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and many other drug stores.

·
Registered
804 Posts
JT,
I wear custom molded plugs with vents.. Purchased them from the Cee c lady at the Camp Perry matches. You can usually find someone to make them at most major events.

Shotgunner50

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I have several pair of custom molded plugs, a couple with music through my IPod, and a couple that are just custom molded plain ear plugs. Like Shotgunner said you can usually get a pair made at most big shoots, or most ear doctors will make you a pair for under $100.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Emtech custom molded plugs. NRR 29 and they mean it. No interference with gun mount and once in your ear they don't loosen or come out unless you purposely take them out

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Like Shotgunner said you can usually get a pair made at most big shoots, or most ear doctors will make you a pair for under $100.
You don't even need an ear doctor to do it – got to just about any hearing-aid retailer and they can make them. My wife's in that business and I had here make me a pair 8 years ago, and I'm still using them.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Most of the big gun shows here has someone set up to make molded ear plugs. I wear ear plugs and head phones. The US Army left me with a scarred left ear drum and ringing in both ears.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
My ears ring after shooting. Need that to stop.
I'd be fine if I can you just get those locusts out if my ears. All day and night year around I hear their mating call in my ears. Huh ? What ?

Heavy equipment and machinery and too stupid to wear the provided hearing protection all those years.

·
Just getting by.....
988 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
One thing to remember, the NRR is for continuous noise. Shooters deal with impulse noise which is different. Hearing damage for us has more to do with how many rounds we shoot. You can be wearing the best hearing protection, but for a given caliber, you can exceed the save round count and still incur hearing damage. Google "Impulse Noise Protection".

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the howard lites too, as far as a disposable option. The foam is soft and comfortable.
I tried my electronic MSA gel muffs that I use for rifle shooting but they were just a little uncomfortable for me while shooting my shotgun.

Now I have a set of custom fitted ear plugs that have the headphones built in.
I purchased them at the grand this year.

My only problem is they work too well and I am not able to hear the scorer call losses.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I'd be fine if I can you just get those locusts out if my ears. All day and night year around I hear their mating call in my ears. Huh ? What ?

Heavy equipment and machinery and too stupid to wear the provided hearing protection all those years.
Maybe one of them locust critters done crawled up inside our ear and we just never got em out.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Good golly!

All of those filtered cigarettes lying on the ground and you have to ask where we get our ear plugs?

Thank God "The Lit" showed me that little trick years ago. Or was it eons ago. Anyway, I've seen it done........

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have used most everything out there. I currently use SoundGear custom molded ear plugs and highly recommend them. I have warn them for up to 14 hours straight with no headaches, ear aches, or other adverse effects. Be prepared to spent some $$

1 - 20 of 43 Posts